Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Birth Control Question... Please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth Control Question... Please help
x3jesssiicaa
Neophyte
Member # 110270

Icon 11 posted      Profile for x3jesssiicaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started my birth control pills on the second day of my period. I am taking Lo Loestrin Fe. For 7 days I took the pill at the same exact time (not a minute over) each day. On the 9th day, my boyfriend and I had sex and he finished inside of me. Later on that day I took my birth control at 8pm and about 20-25 minutes later I used the bathroom. In the directions it says if you vomit or have diarrhea within 3-4 hours after taking the pill count that as a missed pill... That statement is very general though. Not to be graphic but what kind of diarrhea would affect the pill. I read it needs to be "severe". After using the bathroom it was looser than usual and I guess it could have been a form of very "mild" diarrhea but would that mean I missed my pill? The pill itself did not cause me to go to the bathroom, what i ate during the day did. And this is the first time something like this happened after I took my pill. I tried calling my dr. but he will not be in until next week. I then called the pharmacy and they said I should be fine because it needed to be severe. I am just not sure. I'm worried that i could be pregnant and maybe i did miss a pill. I just don't know. Maybe I am over thinking the situation. I did call the number on the back of my birth control and spoke to a woman who assured me that I was protected after the 7th day of taking my pills but she was unsure about me missing the pill or not. I feel like I am getting different answers and no one really knows! Please help.
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Diarrhea, as a term, is meant to describe a pattern of loose stools over a day or more, not one every once in a while.

It sounds to me like you have actually gotten very consistent answers here, which we would agree with: this does not sound like anything you need to concern yourself with.

However, if you are finding you do not feel totally secure with the pill alone, dual contraception is a good answer, and really the best way to prevent pregnancy, period. If the second method you use is condoms, you also get to be doing something to prevent infections, too.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x3jesssiicaa
Neophyte
Member # 110270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for x3jesssiicaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you Heather. I know I was probably over thinking the situation but I just wanted to make sure I was okay and protected.
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And maybe you just do not feel okay with the pill alone, which again, is fine. Many people who use it back it up with a second method, and doing so really is the way to get the best protection from pregnancy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.