Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Scared and Worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared and Worried.
Veronica P
Neophyte
Member # 110239

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Veronica P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very worried, even though I've been told by countless people that the odds of me actually be pregnant right now are very low. My partner and I had sex late the night of April 5th and it carried over into the morning of April 6th (1AM). We were using a condom, by the way. As he began ejaculating, I pushed him back a decent amount, for some reason. So I'm not even sure if he was inside of me when he came, and if he was, he wasn't all the way in. He backed up and we both noticed that cum was spewing out of a tiny hole in his condom. Afterwards, we went in the bathroom, and he examined my vagina to see what he saw. He said there was cum around my vagina, but he didn't really see any inside of it, or coming out of it, if that makes sense. I was very worried, so later that night of April 6th, we both went and bought Plan B for me to take. I took it, within a 24 hour period, obviously. I think it had been about 12 hours since our little incident. I didn't have any side effects of Plan B. No spotting, like I've read a lot of people have...no cramps, nothing. Now, I'm six days late on my period (was supposed to start April 27th), and I know that's yet another side effect of the pill, but it's the only one I'm experiencing right now, unless I am indeed pregnant of course. I'd also like to address the fact that my fertile days, according to my period tracker, were supposed to begin April 8th, which was two days after the condom broke and two days after I took Plan B. I'm not sure how much that reduces the chances of me being pregnant, but I thought that I'd throw that in there. As far as having any symptoms of pregnancy, even though I know not everyone that's pregnant experiences symptoms other than a late period, I haven't had any -- no nausea, no tender breasts, no weird cravings, no excessive fatigue, etc. I've decided that since tomorrow will make it a full week since I was supposed to have my period, I'm going to take a pregnancy test. So hopefully I get my period before then, and hopefully everything is fine. I'm just worried, because this has never happened to me before, and I don't really know the odds of me being pregnant right now. I'm hoping that I haven't gotten my period because of the Plan B pill. I've been reading forums the past few days, and I've seen people say theirs have come a few days late, a week late, and some people even said they skipped an entire period or it came over twenty days later! That's really nerve-wrecking to me. I'm very worried that I'm actually pregnant. What are the odds that I am?

--------------------
Veronica P

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Veronica! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

For sure, taking Plan B can sometimes mess up your menstrual cycle, so for now all you can do is take a pregnancy test. Not all people will experience side effects from taking EC, some will but some won't and that doesn't mean it didn't work.

Whe you take EC in the first 24 hours after the risk the efficency rate is around 89%. You can have more information about this topic in this next link:

Emergency Contraception

I understand that waiting can be wrecking like you said so for now I would advice you do some self care until you take the test.

Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.