Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Old post confusion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old post confusion
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pursu3e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, I'd just like to clarify something I read on here in regards to dry humping.

It has been stated in previous threads and articles that if one or more of the people participating in dry humping are wearing any sort of clothing (underwear included) that covers their genitals completely, there is no risk of pregnancy.

However in this thread http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/013690/p/1.html Heather mentioned that there is a risk if the female's underwear is thin and covered in semen. Would someone be able to clarify what she meant by this.

Thankyou for all you do, your information is really very helpful and calming [Smile]

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Situations in which there may be a pregnancy risk are when the clothes in question are fabrics that have holes (such as lace or mesh), or something like thong underwear that can easily be pushed aside. In those cases, we would be talking about direct genital-to-genital contact.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderingxo
Neophyte
Member # 109070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderingxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I just happened to read this post and I was wondering, what if the guy was wearing 2 layers og boxers and shorts meanwhile the girl was wearing thong, does that count that no risk as well? or does this count as genital to genital? Cause this happened to be my situation. Thank you!
Posts: 31 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wondering, the idea is that there is no risk when there is no direct genital to genital contact. So if the guy is wearing two layers of clothing, it doesn't matter what the girl is wearing, as there is already no possibility of direct contact.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pursu3e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So in my situation, when I was wearing cotton underwear that covered me completely and she was wearing the same. There is no pregnancy risk from me ejaculating while dry humping?
Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/000510/p/1.html#000000

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Sorry, I realise that this is the kind of question you get a lot and that the answer you give never changes. I also acknowledge what you're trying to tell me by posting that link, as in, my activity comes under dry sex as there was at least one layer of clothing between genitals. I guess what I was worried about was me ejaculating and her being wet but I assume you take into account fluids from both participants when assessing these kinds of activities.
Thankyou for your responses, I'll stop posing questions that you have heard so many times [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, no worries. [Smile]

And yep, we do take all of that into account. But if you find you are still worried about this, the best thing to do is for you to take those feelings into account when making your sexual choices. Maybe this activity is happening too soon for you and slowing things way down might leave you feeling better.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pursu3e
Neophyte
Member # 110223

Thankyou Heather.
I think what you said is correct and that maybe getting to this point of sexual activity is something I'm not ready for.
I enjoy it, but it's no fun when I spend the time after, worrying if there is a risk in what we did. It's already been clarified that what I did does not pose a risk. I think I just need to back up, let it sink in and in the meantime, maybe hold off from this kind of activity until I feel more comfortable.

Thanks for your help

Heather
Member # 3

Glad to be of help.

And for sure, when we find we do not feel good about sex before, during and after, that is usually a very good clue something is amiss, and we need to figure out, or abide by, what we need to feel better about it.

And everyone has the right to take whatever time they need to do that, at any time, including in ongoing relationships.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.