Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy Scare resulting in stress and anxiety

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Scare resulting in stress and anxiety
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matrix shampoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, first of all id like to thank everyone who replies to these and operates this site. It is SO helpful, so thank you.

I had a thread about a pregnancy scare I experienced in March where I learned that Manual sex with some *possible precum does not pose a risk. I also asked about very brief accidental contact I had with my bf. ( I was straddling him with no underwear on and accidentally might have had the shaft of his penis touch my Vulva very briefly. He never ejaculated; but I was scared to death) so then I got my period around the time I usually would that month and this month. I took 12 pregnancy tests all of which came back negative. I have not engaged in any sexual acts like this since and don't plan on it but I can not shake the anxiety about the whole scare and jus everything now. I don't even think I had much of a risk, but I now just feel guilty that I may have had a risk, and just stressed.

So do you guys have any tips? I'm sorry for the long post. Thank you so very much!!

Posts: 30 | From: Iowa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen this article yet? You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matrix shampoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have. In my head I know I must not be pregnant but I just get so anxious. Thank you so much for the reply!
Posts: 30 | From: Iowa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

I just realize that I am not at all ready to be sexually active because of how much that incident has upset
me.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a really important realization to make! I'm glad to hear that. How do you feel about this realization? Where do you think you want to go from here?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

I know. I had never done anything sexual other than kissing and hugging, but when he touched my vulva area with his hand and then I ended up on top of him with no pants on and accidentally touched the shaft of his penis it freaked me out afterwards. Yes, I enjoyed it a lot but when I started thinking about the consequences being sexually active bring I realized how I am not in the position whatsoever to be responsible for any consequences that could occur. I keep telling myself I can't be pregnant and read your material frequently. I'm hoping just to stop worrying about it, and know I do not want sex right now at all. (I'm only 17, and really really do not want to get entangled with any long lasting consequences)
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

So it sounds like talking to your partner and setting some boundaries might go a long way in making you feel better. In the meantime, you might also be interested to read up on safer sex, so that you can know how to protect yourself when you feel the time is right. We have a lot of resources on that right here at Scarleteen, so feel free to look around!

It sounds like you've been doing some smart thinking, though, and are gaining some important insights. I think you're on a good path, one that will let you feel better about your choices, and less anxious. That's great!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you so much for your responses! We have talked and decided that for now we will stick to leaving all clothing on. I will read those articles on that:) thank you. So, this probably sounds crazy to ask, would you say I can rest assure I am not pregnant?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's great that you two have discussed your worries and set some boundaries. That's always a sound step to take.

And, based on the number of pregnancy tests you've taken, I think you know the answer to your own question, and mine won't be any different [Smile]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Yes, i am really glad. I never really gave sex much thought and didn't realize how big of a deal unsafe sex was! I mean I didn't even have intercourse or genitals rubbing together and it freaked me out, so I know I am not ready! Thanks you:) You guys are so helpful!
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

You guys have been so helpful, and I've posted quite a bit so if you do not answer anymore that's totally fine, but I realized that a big part of my constant worrying comes from one of the reasons that are listed in the "You are Not Pregnant" article. It's the religious reason, where I feel like what I did was wrong because I know my parents would for sure think so and since I feel like what I did was wrong, I must have a consequence. And to me I was freaked out that I would become pregnant because of doing something I shouldn't have. I know how pregnancies occur and your site has really cleared up that for me, and I realize that what I did hada very low risk if there was one but that's basically the source of my worries.
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

I just have a really hard time forgiving myself for things, and because I think it's extremely irresponsible to get pregnant when you aren't prepared for it or ready for it, and because I might've had a risk, I just can't seem to forgive myself for it and move on.

I don't know if it's ok for me to discuss my feeling on here, but I just don't really have anyone to talk to so that's why I thought I'd just get this off of my chest.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

It is totally okay for you to discuss these feelings here, and I am glad to hear that you are finding the site so helpful. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you! [Smile] yes it is, I worry about most everything but never tell anyone, and the pregnancy scare I experience just made it worse. Although, I know I'm not pregnant, I'm just trying to work through daily worries and negative thoughts. Do you have any advice you could possibly give me? Thank you so much.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like what you're looking for here is general counseling. That's outside of what we do here, but we certainly could help you see if you might be able to find counseling in your area.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Ok, thank you for all of your help. That's fine though, I'll get it figured out:)
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Hello, so I have taken multiple pregnancy tests which all read negatives, never had instercourse and or came into contact with ejacualte, but accidentally touched my boyfriends penis. I had 2 periods but no wiped myself after using the restroom this morning and had light brown discharge on the toilet paper. Does this mean I am pregnant? I don't see how I could be but it seems this means you're pregnant? How could I be when the tests all said negative and I had such a low low risk?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Matrix,

Everything we've said already about the reliability of pregnancy tests & the risks of the activities you've engaged in still stands. Have you been able to take steps in accessing counseling? That's really what's going to help now; we've provided the facts around pregnancy & testing and you're clearly still really worried, so the next step is to access counseling or other mental health care.

Posts: 1346 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Okay. Thank you. Like I always thought periods and negative test were sure signs you weren't pregnant but by stories online it seems you can't be sure. I'm sorry for harassing you guys. I just wish I could know I wasn't pregnant for certain. Thank you so much for your time.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, choosing to read information from places or people who are not credible is a choice you are making. Just because something is online or someone says a thing does not mean that thing is true.

So, you already have all the information a person can have to know they are not pregnant, which you clearly are not. We are telling you this as a fifteen-years-old sexual and reproductive health organization with multiple awards, not as randomuser12345 over at whatever unmoderated site. A doctor or other healthcare provider is someone else who is credible you can check in with, which again we would suggest you do if you need a second opinion you can trust or you cannot let this fear go.

Stepping away from Google and this topic? Also a very good idea if you earnestly want to calm yourself down, rather than stay in a panic and gather a bunch of misinformation.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you so much. Thank you. I need to let this go you are right. You guys are so kind and helpful. Thank you! I need to stop reading into everything my body does and trust my periods and multiple pregnancy test you are right. Thank you!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.