Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » need clarification ! Conflicting answers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need clarification ! Conflicting answers
curiouschick1990
Neophyte
Member # 109999

Icon 11 posted      Profile for curiouschick1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scarleteen,

Your articles and answers on message boards regarding dry sex pregnancy risk are always "no risk" if there is a fabric barrier. However, whilst reading some older boards on your site I came across this thread:

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/001289.html

This worries me as it gives a completely conflicting answer to what I stated above.

Could you explain please ??

Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. That does sound problematic.

The only explanation I can come up with is that we currently know more now than we did back then; that post was back in 2006, and in the span of 8 years, we've learned more about how we look at sex, the human body, and its physiology. It's kind of like how people at one point believed that the world was flat; and then, as we understood more, our notions of the world changed.

This is one of the few reasons why looking back at old posts for answers to your current problems/questions is not advised. Instead, we encourage you to ask us in real-time, or check board messages from other users around the same time as you, preferably within the same year. That way, we can provide you with the most current and medically accurate information to your questions.

When I look back at the answer our fellow volunteer provided, I can honestly say that the answer was not accurately stated, and that a better one could have indeed been written in place of it. It's also possible, too, that our volunteer simply made a mistake and gave the wrong information. While we do strive to provide medically accurate and comprehensive sexual health education and information to our users, errors do occur. I am glad you took the time to do such thorough research, and to point this out to us.

But you are right that there is no pregnancy risk when a fabric barrier is involved. Since our current and most up to date articles and message board answers have agreed to this understanding and have remained consistent in our answers regarding such a situation, we feel confident in you taking such information to heart.

We are sorry for the confusion your research has caused you.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 233 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read jean's answer as using "dry sex" in bunny ears to mean frottage I.e naked humping without penetration rather than clothed humping, I.e. what we now tend to call dry sex on the site nowadays.
Posts: 692 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.