Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Hi again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi again!
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so today my boyfriend ejaculated in my mouth. I held it in my mouth for about 30 seconds then spit it into a shirt, he balled the shirt up and got rid of it. After that i drank water then went to the bathroom and went pee. I dont think i had sperm on my hands but say sperm got on my hands from my mouth what that pose a pregnancy risk? Im also on my period so.?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roxiegirl. I think we've linked you to this piece before: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

All the information you need to assess your own risk is there, so have a read through it and if you're still confused after that, let us know what, specifically, you're not sure about.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im concerned about the transfer of sperm from my mouth to my vagina. And im on my period is this a risk?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

So basically could i get pregnant if i spit out the sperm, drank water, then maybe there was sperm on my hand from me spitting it out i cant remember, then i went to the bathroom and went pee, btw im 3 days in on my period. So could transfer from mouth to hand to vagina be possible?
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roxie, the answer to that most certainly is in the article above. It describes pregnancy as not a risk from oral sex. Assume that means including all the 'what if' scenarios you've thought of regarding what happens if x touches y touches z. Regardless of the chain of events.
Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Ok so even if the sperm went into my mouth and then it got on my hand and i went to the bathroom it just cant happen? I heard that you cant get pregnant on your period is this true?
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

I just went through this last month.. And my period comes. Now i get worried about sperm in my mouth and getting me pregnant. All im concerned about is if sperm can get you pregnant if it goes from your mouth, to hand to vagina? Should i not worry?
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it would be helpful to re-read that article and focus only on the activities that are listed as being a risk of pregnancy. Have you done any of those things? If not, then there's no risk to worry about. Like Jacob said, we take every "what-if" into consideration when calculating those risks.

I do want to address what you said about not getting pregnant when you're having your period - that is not true. It is possible.
It's only possible when you are having the kinds of sex that pose a pregnancy risk in the first place, but if and when you decide to do those things, you'll want to incorporate some sort of birth control if you don't want to become pregnant, no matter where in your cycle you are.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Ok so what you both are saying is that it cant happen by mouth to hand to vagina? And it was just the outside of vagina
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

could someone give me an explanationp
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Jacob and Molias have told you, and as the article I linked you to makes clear, oral sex doesn't pose a risk of pregnancy. I'm not sure what else you want us to explain?

[ 04-27-2014, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

I know oral sex doesnt pose a risk. But why doesnt sperm from the mouth to the vagina pose a risk
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Because in order for pregnancy to happen, there has to be direct contact between semen (the liquid that contains sperm) and the vulva or vagina. Direct meaning no stops along the way, no transferring from penis to mouth to hand to vagina.

Understanding how pregnancy does happen might make it clearer why what you're describing is not a risk: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

--------------------

Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Ok so im still concerned. What if the sperm was visible on my hands after it went from my mouth to hand to the outside of vagina? And what if my vagina had blood on it because of my period? Why cant pregnancy happen? Im just confused. I worry so much. Would the vagina be to acidic and kill sperm? Even if there was sperm from my mouth that got on my vaginaa? Please help
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Im just concerned
Roxiegirl
Neophyte
Member # 110152

Can someone help me and explain please! Thanks
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roxiegirl,

Did you read the piece Karybu linked you to? It explains why indirect contact (which is what you're concerned about) can't cause pregnancy.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roxie/Joe: just no. To all the things. Including both going against our policies and totally dismissing the boundaries and limits we have set with you, which you continue to refuse to respect, by making another account after you got yourself suspended from the boards.

You are now seriously harassing us, and you need to stop it. Now.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.