Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Period and Pregnancy Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period and Pregnancy Question
curiouschick1990
Neophyte
Member # 109999

Icon 5 posted      Profile for curiouschick1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen,

I just have a question regarding pregnancy and periods that I realised today I wasn't 100% sure on.

If a risk occurred & a withdrawal bleed happens a few days after that risk (say - 3 to 4 days after) does that mean that no pregnancy has occurred and that pregnancy will not occur from that risk or any risk that happened prior to that withdrawal bleed ?

In essence, what I'm needing clarification on is - if I get my withdrawal bleed, does that cancel out all the risks that happened before that bleed meaning I cannot get pregnant from any risk that happened before I got my bleed ?

Sorry if it makes no sense [Smile] thanks in advance for your answer !

Posts: 30 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a period or withdrawal bleed, then you can assume that you are not pregnant.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.