Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy freaked

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy freaked
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matrix shampoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my boyfriend fingered me and I'm worried there may have been precum on his hand. Although he says there was not and I trust him I just wonder if by accident there was and I've seen in your articles that this is impossible to create a pregnancy correct? And then I was at his house about a week late and things got heated. I am a virgin and so is he so we don't want to have sex right now. But I ended up taking off my underwear and pants and it was grinding on his stomach/chest area. Then I kind of scooted down and for a brief moment touched the shaft of his penis he then moved it and I went back into his stomach. He never ejaculated. I just can't shake this worry that what if I'm pregnant? That was last month and I got my period I think it was my period at least but I've read of women bleeding during pregnancy. I am now due to get my period and it has not come and I'm really freaked out. Did and do I have a risk?? Thank you so much for your time and caring ness. You guys are great. Thank you
Posts: 30 | From: Iowa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matrix shampoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read I think every article related to this topic I just kind of need someone to talk to about my specific situation. I'm sorry to bother
Posts: 30 | From: Iowa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matrix,

You know, we're not going to say anything different about risk levels than our articles will. As we say in all of our material on pregnancy risk, manual sex isn't an activity that can cause pregnancy, whether semen is present or not. As for the other instance, when there is direct bare genital contact there is a risk, if only a minor one.

You having had one period since then is a clear sign you aren't pregnant; some people do experience bleeding during pregnancy but that usually doesn't show up when a period would be expected or look like one.

One thing you could do to ease your mind here is take a pregnancy test; have you done that yet?

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you so much for the response. It's so kind. Ok thank you that eases my mind! Well it wasn't exactly much contact just a brief moment where I accidentally touched the top or shaft of his penis and then he moved it away and I moved. That's the only contact that was ever made. Okay thank you! I think it was my period. Yes I've taken about 10 pregnancy test and they all said negative. It's just I worry about everything an was really anxious to get my peiod this month. I got it last month on the 22nd so I hope it comes.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you find that you're this worried about pregnancy, to the extent of taking so many tests, it may be a good idea to scale back on sexual activities, or to take more precautions like making sure you're not both naked at the same time or having your partner wear a condom any time both of your clothes come off or making sure you & your partner both wash your hands before manual sex (which is a good idea anyway, from a cleanliness standpoint).

Sometimes being really worried about pregnancy is a sign that things are moving a little too quickly. You may also find this article helpful: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you. Yes I know, I haven't done it since and I don't plan on it. We've talked about it and will be much more careful if we decide to be naked again. May I ask, Do you think I have anything to worry about tho?
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Also with concerns about my period last month actually being my period, if it felt like my period with cranps and looked heavy like my period can I safely assume it was my period?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...it probably is a duck.

Same goes for periods. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you so much! Do you think I even had a real risk based on my description of what happened?
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Also, with multiple negative pregnancy tests, can I rest assure I am not pregnant?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So long as you take pregnancy tests according to the instructions, you can be very sure that multiple negative results mean you are not pregnant.

To help you know what things do and don't have any pregnancy risk, you can have a look at this: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html and this: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Thank you I did read and follow the instructions. Thank you so much for all of your help. I have read that. So if all I did was manual sex and then accidentally came into brief contact with the dry shaft of his penis, I should be ok? And can rest assure I'm not pregnant? Thank you so much for your ime
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

I'm sorry to bother, but I was wondering I had a period last month after the incident I previously described, but I started my period and it started lightly yesterday got heavy all day and night but now is lightening up. I felt the same as I usually do on my period but idk do you think with the negative tests, two months of regular arriving bleeding I can be certain I am not pregnant?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matrix,

Yes, with two negative pregnancy tests and two periods, you can assume you're not pregnant.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matrix shampoo
Neophyte
Member # 110101

Okay thank you! I dont think I am! Thanks, you have really helped me! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.