Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condoms
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coleworld90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I know we've been taught that when we put the condom the wrong way, not to flip it because precum will end up on the outside. And that is stressed. But wouldn't that be an indirect contact? Penis-condom-vagina? So would that still pose a pregnancy risk or more of an STI issue?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi cole,

As a hypothetical, it's recommended you don't do that... firstly because it's unnecessary, and if you want to avoid tearing, condoms are designed for use in a very specific method. Also as far as 'indirect' contact goes, it's pretty direct, although even lower a risk than the withdrawal method (which is relatively low, for pregnancy, and high for STIs). Either way this gets into a 'what if' frame of mind which helps no one, as we can't really draw any conclusions from these things.

Is this something you have been doing? If so I'd just recommend you use condoms as advised, if not then I'd say it's best not to speculate, but focus instead on what may be worrying you about the general possibility, of transmission or pregnancy.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coleworld90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the response. It's just confusing why precum...or even fresh ejaculate from hand to vagina is different from precum to condom to vagina. And no that's not how I do things. Just curious. [Smile]
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.