Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Not sure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure
fgdgccweugfeiuh
Neophyte
Member # 109763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fgdgccweugfeiuh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight my bf came into a condom and after he had finished with it he gave it to me to throw into the bin. I absentmindly threw it into the bin, holding the end where the ejaculate was. I then put on my own underwear. I'm scared in case touching the outside of the condom/ the condom itself could have transferred fresh ejaculate to my hands which I then rubbed my underwear which has direct contact with my genitals... Does this constitute a pregnancy scare? Having read your materials I understand that pregnancy can be caused with direct genital contact with fresh ejaculate... Does this situation count?
Thank you!

Posts: 23 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Direct genital contact means contact with no intermediary step - so semen going from your boyfriend to a condom to your hand to your underwear to your genitals isn't direct at all. =)
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fgdgccweugfeiuh
Neophyte
Member # 109763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fgdgccweugfeiuh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is no risk? Not at all? [Smile]
Thank you!

Posts: 23 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fgdgccweugfeiuh
Neophyte
Member # 109763

Another question, I have read that using an oil based lubricant may weaken condoms... I was wondering if moisturising your genitals with an oil based moisturiser would have the same effect? I had a shower, moisturised and later on had sex with my bf... Could the condom have been compromised? [Smile]
fgdgccweugfeiuh
Neophyte
Member # 109763

Another question, I have read that using an oil based lubricant may weaken condoms... I was wondering if moisturising your genitals with an oil based moisturiser would have the same effect? I had a shower, moisturised and later on had sex with my bf... Could the condom have been compromised? [Smile]
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The triuble with oil is it can degrade condoms, weakening them so they are more likely to rip or break.

But if your condom did not rip or break, then you can know it obviously was not an issue.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fgdgccweugfeiuh
Neophyte
Member # 109763

If a condom is weakened but does not break can sperm get through and cause pregnancy?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Latex (and non-latex materials used for non-latex condoms) is a material used expressly because it does not allow sperm or pathogens (per infections) through.

So, unless there is an opening in the condom, they still can't get through. There's not middle here, where a condom is "weakened" like you are thinking. Again, if something like an oil makes that material less strong, the issue is that that can result in a break or tear. If there were no breaks or tears, there is no issue.

But you know, given your ongoing concerns here, can I ask why you are still engaging in this kind of sex at all, or doing so only using condoms if you -- as it seems clear -- do not feel very comfortable using condoms alone?

I mean, for sure, I get being afraid of pregnancy, especially in Northern Ireland. But you know how afraid you are, so it seems to me it's time to reconsider your choices here to do what you can to only be making the ones you feel good about and not scared about during or after.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.