Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Why cant indirect contact of precum cause pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why cant indirect contact of precum cause pregnancy?
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why cant indirect contact of precum cause pregnancy? Ive read all the articles and stuff. What if the precum contained sperm and it got on my fingers then i touched somthing then fingered her?
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It you have read all the articles, then you know why already. Same goes for the conversations people have already had with you.

If you just can't accept or wrap your brain around all the why's we have given you, then your next step is to see if having your doctor explain it to you does the trick. But, as you know, you need to stop asking the same thing again and again here.

If our answers don't suffice for you, and you can't tell us what, more specifically, is tripping you up, there really is nothing else we can do to satisfy your question. If what we are offering isn't what you want, then continuing to ask us for it is not going to change anything. In that case, it's time to ask someone else.

[ 04-10-2014, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather, i would like if you would just explain it to me. Thats all, thanks!
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musicismyescape
Neophyte
Member # 110006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musicismyescape     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend fingered me and I am concerned he had pre cum on his finger...I read the articles and it said there was no risk of pregnancy...however if I wanted to take a pregnancy test just to make sure, how long would I have to wait to take a test after what my boyfriend did to me?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have explained it to you, more than once:
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/54/t/000372/p/1.html#000000
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/54/t/000380/p/1.html#000000

If you have specific questions about the information we've given you, in the articles or in our posts, then we can help you with that. Otherwise, as Heather said, we've given you everything we can on the topic and if it isn't helping, you need to seek out the information somewhere else.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Musicismyescape, could you please start your own thread to make it easier for us to keep track of things? Thanks.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

So why cant precum or even sperm from indirect not cause pregnancy? I thought you said if it comes in contact its a risk?..
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the last chance you get with this one, Joe. And I closed your new thread where you are reposting saying no one is answering you. Not only have we been here, doing that, but you have not been doing your part, answering us about what you do not understand about this after we have given you all this information so we can know what to fill you in with.

So, what in all the information we have given you on this so far do you still not understand? Do you not get, for instance, how fragile sperm cells are, so them getting moved around from place to place cannot leave them able to do their job? Do you not get that pregnancy is about much more than just sperm cells having contact with the vulva? Do you not get sperm are not like germs, and contact with them all by itself is not how pregnancy happens?

To help you further, we need to know what is specifically not making sense to you. If you cannot or will not tell us that, we cannot do any more for you than we have done already. And if you will not engage with us when we ask for things like this, it is not okay to just keep posting and reposting the same thing. That will result in you losing your privileges to post here.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

I understand everything and i thank you so much! The only thing im stuck on is sperm in precum, i ejaculated 2 hours prior and then peed after? Would it contain soerm
Heather
Member # 3

Sounds like you are stuck on something that does not matter.

For one, no, there would not likely be sperm cells in your pre0-ejaculate then.

But it really would not matter if there were unless you were also engaging in unprotected DIRECT contact.

See, even when there are trace sperm cells in pre-ejaculate, there are very few, they are generally the weakest cells there were and they STILL need a DIRECT route to the cervix to even have half a chance at being part of a pregnancy. Penis-to-vulva, with nothing in between? That'd direct.

Your penis to hand to vulva? As we have made clear, that is not direct, but indirect, and not a way that sperm cells can stay healthy but that also takes away a bunch of the other things needed for the possibility of pregnancy, like all the semen that comes with sperm cells (and all of what is in that specific fluid that helps and protects sperm cells), like the protection to delicate sperm cells going directly from the penis to the vulva provides.

It sounds to me like you are thinking sperm cells, and even just a few of them, if that, no less, have the capacity to just meet an egg, by themselves, and presto: pregnancy. But as all the information we have given you makes very clear, that is simply not a realistic way of thinking about how pregnancy happens. It does not happen like that.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

I appreciate all the information you have given me! So basically your saying that indirect contact of precum and even sperm,cannot cause pregnancy? Im pretty sure she wasnt ovulating, it was 7 days into her new cycle so her period ended like 2 days before this happened?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's what we're saying [Smile]
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

I know this is one of the main concerns for everyone on this site. Is precum... I hate it and thats one of the things were i havd been poorly educated on, thats why i have so much anxiety over it. So the only way pre ejaculate can cause a risk is if it went straight from the penis into the vagina? And even that id a small risk? Am i right??
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To quote Heather's previous answer

"See, even when there are trace sperm cells in pre-ejaculate, there are very few, they are generally the weakest cells there were and they STILL need a DIRECT route to the cervix to even have half a chance at being part of a pregnancy. Penis-to-vulva, with nothing in between? That's direct."

You may also want to give this a read, since it discusses in more detail pre-cum and pregnancy:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_preejaculate_cause_pregnancy

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Her period is due on Sunday the 20th. I hope it comes then.. She tells me not to worry because she has her food cravings and thats normal so i hope it comes idk why i even worry..
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

At this point, your best bet is to focus on things other than when her period is coming, since doing so only keeps you in the anxiety loop. You might want to use some self-care to help you do that:
Self-Care a La Carte

You may also want to give this a read if, even after talking with us, you're having trouble shaking those worries:
You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

[ 04-18-2014, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Ok so her period is due today... Shes been having cravings for a few days and shes been very insecure about herself... Last time her period came in the evening so i hope it comes tonight?!
Heather
Member # 3

You know the limit we set here with you, and what we are and are not willing at this point to talk with you about, Joe. I can't say enough how much we really need you to afford us the basic courtesy and respect of minding those limits.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Well her period didnt come today. Today should have been the start of her period.... We fought all day because she said how stupid i was for worrying and i just cant seem to understand that gettjng pregnant this way isnt possible?! I seriously need help!! Im freaking out?!?
Joe19
Neophyte
Member # 109967

Her period was due sunday night, it still hasnt came, im so worried and i dont get why it hasnt came because it doesnt pose a risk? She hasnt been stressed about it, its just me

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.