Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Precum Transfer from hand/mouth to condom?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum Transfer from hand/mouth to condom?
ktbffh2014
Neophyte
Member # 110019

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ktbffh2014     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm new here and don't really know how this works, so I'll type up a very simple post about my situation and please tell me about the pregnancy risk. Two questions:

1. My girlfriend gave me oral sex without condom on. We then proceeded to have vaginal sex. I put on a condom but before it's on I had to adjust the foreskin of my penis and I felt there's something wet on my fingertips (could be my gf's saliva or some precum). My fingertips touched the exterior of the condom and then we had sex. Is there any pregnancy risk? Also, I can't seem to find any reliable material addressing this issue, but I almost always have some level of physical contact with my penis before I put on condom, are we supposed to avoid touching our penis before the condom is on because of the risk of precum transfer?

2. During vaginal sex, we stopped and she gave me oral sex but with my condom on this time,after that we had vaginal sex again. Could she have got some precum in her mouth from the first oral sex and then transferred it onto the condom during the second oral sex. I didn't ejaculate during the whole process. What's the pregnancy risk?

I have just started reading the forum posts, and I think you guys are doing something truly amazing. Looking forward to hearing some reliable advice!
Thanks in advance for your reply [Smile]

[ 04-09-2014, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: ktbffh2014 ]

Posts: 3 | From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, and welcome to the boards.
We ask that anyone asking about a pregnancy risk read through this post, and the links contained within, before asking a pregnancy risk question: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/54/t/000033.html as well as this article: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
These will help you self-evaluate your risk level. If, after you've read all that material, you need some clarification, we can help with that. =)

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktbffh2014
Neophyte
Member # 110019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktbffh2014     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have read all the relevant material but I think it does not cover my situation well enough or does not provide enough information to reassure me!

The impression I have got from reading the links is that there is a definite valid pregnancy risk only if there is direct genital-to-genital contact and/or ejaculation inside the vagina, which is common knowledge really. I think I need some clarification regarding pregnancy risk associated with precum and vaginal sex after its transfer from mouth to condom when oral sex is performed with a mouth that has contact with some precum earlier. Because, wouldn't a mouth be a hospitable environment for sperm to survive since it's wet and warm? Can I stop feeling worried because I didn't ejaculate at all in the whole process? doesn't precum contain sperms too?

Also, are the instructions on the packaging of condoms sufficient? I find it quite hard to put on one without touching my penis which always has precum on the tip as soon as I'm aroused enough for vaginal sex. Does it mean precum doesn't present any pregnancy risk since I am sure most guys would very likely have contact with the penis while putting on condoms.I know this is a busy site, but I could really use some information and reassurance. Thanks so much in advance for your reply.

[ 04-10-2014, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: ktbffh2014 ]

Posts: 3 | From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm need more specific conditions than just "wet and warm": they're pretty delicate! Our article Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide should explain why pregnancy is only possible with direct contact, and you can find out more about sperm cells here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

I can't say whether the instructions on a condom packet are sufficient because I can't know what every different company puts on their packaging. If you'd like to check your own knowledge about how to use and store condoms, our info is here: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

When you put the condom on, any pre-ejaculate that's already on your penis will be covered and contained by the condom, so it can't be a pregnancy risk. As you'll see in the Human Reproduction and Sperm Cell pieces I linked you to, sperm are not capable of co-creating a pregnancy after they're transferred around from place to place - for example by hands - so no pregnancy risk there either [Smile]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktbffh2014
Neophyte
Member # 110019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktbffh2014     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Redskies! I truly appreciate your reply and the work Scarleteen has been doing for young people worldwide. It's also full of valuable knowledge and resources too!
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome. And you're absolutely right, the main site has hundreds of pieces, so do feel free to browse [Smile]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.