Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Late 2nd Period after Plan B? Am I pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late 2nd Period after Plan B? Am I pregnant?
Sungyeol
Neophyte
Member # 109040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sungyeol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good evening Scarleteen. (:

I think this is my 3rd time posting here and I really hope it's my last! Because every time I post here I have a crisis of some sort and I really feel like I need to avoid these!

So I had my period around the 13th of February! It was my normal period and the likes.

My boyfriend and I decided to have unprotected sex a few days (cannot remember the exact number of days but it was definitely no more than a week) after my period and he made sure to withdraw and finish himself off.

To me, it looked like he finished way too soon after he pulled out so I was scared that some might have gone in me! So I took the Plan B pill within an hour after our session.

I got a "period" on the 26th of February. It was lighter than my usual one but lasted the same amount of days.

Since then we've been having protected sex and I made sure he would check that the condom didn't break or nothing leaked. And he also used the withdrawal + condom method several times.

But now... my period is late, I believe? My period is usually clockwork and regular and comes in the same day give or take a day or two.

Does this mean I am pregnant and the Plan B didn't work? ): Or what else could be the reason why my period is late? What are the chances of pregnancy?

Since my last period came Feb 26th... I'd be about 4 days late now.

I always feel much more reassured when I post on here. Thank you so much for taking your time. (:

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days' variation in when a period comes is very normal. Additionally, sometimes periods can be late or missed altogether. We have more information about that here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? . Taking Plan B can cause temporary changes to the menstrual cycle, including your period coming at different times to when you would've expected it.

If you've had a period since the risk when you took Plan B, you cannot be pregnant from that risk, as it's not possible to have a period and be pregnant. You described using condoms for intercourse since then, and the chance of pregnancy when using condoms correctly is very small.

If you still feel uncertain and you'd like to know for sure, the way to do that is to take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sungyeol
Neophyte
Member # 109040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sungyeol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read through that article a lot of those factors you listed on there (aside from pregnancy) has not really been a concern to me.

Except for maybe the ovulation part? I'm actually not sure cause I did not keep track of it the month of March.

I plan on taking a HPT tomorrow, since it'll be a week since the day I missed my period. Is this a good time frame to take it?

Also I took Plan B twice before and I didn't have a late period like this. )^: I was hoping that it was the Plan B that was delaying my period.

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can read about taking pregnancy tests correctly here: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

Plan B won't necessarily have the same side effects on you every time and, beyond that, there's no way for us to know for certain if Plan B alone is the source of your delayed period.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sungyeol
Neophyte
Member # 109040

Okay! Thank you.
I doubt that I am pregnant but I also cannot ignore the nagging feeling that I may be.

It's because of this darned period fiasco!

I will take the test tomorrow and figure out what to do then.

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome [Smile] Hopefully the test will help calm your nagging feeling
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sungyeol
Neophyte
Member # 109040

Just took a HPT and results came negative. I will be taking another one first thing in the morning tomorrow for more reassurance but probably no more after that. Thank you so much for your time.

Maybe its me stressing my body out by waking up really early and staying up late because of school that may be affecting my period in conjunction with the hormones from Plan B.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.