Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Help please!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please!!
Tony25
Neophyte
Member # 108434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so the other night me and my gf were messing around and she was giving me a bj and touching my penis. After that i pulled up my pants and by that time she was laying down and we watched a movie. A few mins later i notice that she had her hands in her pants BUT she wasnt touching her vagina, she just had her hands where her pubic area is... Is there anyway she could get pregnant.. I have worried tons of times before... I just hate the precum thing. So to sum it up, even if the precum didnt touch the vagina but was on pubic area? Maybe idk if it was or not? Could she get pregnant?!
Posts: 18 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, Tony. Were you able to review the links and information the last times you came round asking about a pregnancy risk?

If not, if you do that, you'll find this answer easily.

This link explains what can and cannot pose pregnancy and STI risks: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_i_get_pregnant_or_get_or_pass_on_an_sti_from_that

And this link explains how pregnancy happens, including why it can't happen from things like indirect transfer, as you are describing: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony25
Neophyte
Member # 108434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have saw those but it doesnt answer my question
Posts: 18 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's try this then: your girlfriend touching your fluids then later putting her hand in her pants is NOT direct genital-to-genital contact, nor is it direct semen-to-vulva contact. It's not direct because there was something that came between your ejaculate and her vulva, which was her hand.

This section in that second link tells you more about why that matters a whole lot:

quote:
Semen almost contains sperm cells but it is not, itself, just made up of just those cells. Less than 5% of semen is sperm cells. The rest is a whole bunch of things, all essential for sperm to do anything: proteins, enzymes, acids, and a good deal of fructose (a sugar), a needed energy source for sperm cells. The fluid of semen is how sperm cells can move out of the penis, and through the vagina. Just like a fish can't swim out of water, same goes for sperm without the fluid they're ejaculated with. But it does more than that. It supplies nutrients and energy those cells need to be able to do anything at all, and it also neutralizes things that create problems for sperm like traces of urine and the vaginal environment. The push an ejaculation gives that fluid also matters.

A person with testicles ("balls") usually produces millions of sperm every day. They're microscopically small: we can't see them without a powerful microscope. When ejaculation occurs -- and this is something a person with a penis knows has happened, not something they can't know or have to guess at -- there's usually around a teaspoon or so of that semen, which can contain hundreds of millions of sperm. Sperm cells are very fragile and super-duper sensitive. They are not resilient to things like being moved around from place to place -- like from penis to hand, then hand to vulva -- to changes in temperature, or to environments besides the testes and special lab conditions designed to protect them.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Also, here's a tip: since you know you worry about this stuff, how about you just do a "Hey, let's wash up!" after things like this?

Then you both just go wash your hands all happy-like, and you get to not sweat this at all.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Tony25
Neophyte
Member # 108434

So your saying there isnt any risk? Because it touched her hands first?
Heather
Member # 3

There are possible infection risks when people don't wash hands with this, but not realistic pregnancy risks, no.

[ 02-11-2014, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Tony25
Neophyte
Member # 108434

I still have a question, what if she was ovulating, but still didnt touch her vagina, but maybe had precum in her pubic area?
Heather
Member # 3

That is a bit like asking this: what if someone went to eat, and their digestive system was available, gut they didn't out food in their mouth. Could they digest then? Nope. Because they did not actually eat anything to digest.

Same here. As the links and discussion we have provided you already have made clear, pregnancy is not magic. When it can even have a chance of happening, and even then, it often does not, it requires very specific things, the least of which is direct vulval contact with semen.

I hear that you are still worried, but the links and information we have already given you, assuming you have read them, all make as clear as possible how pregnancy happens, and how this is not it.

So, since information is clearly not doing the trick to help you let go of this, what else do you think you can try to do that for yourself? What do you feel will allow you to let this go?

[ 02-13-2014, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Tony25
Neophyte
Member # 108434

Thanks. The way i would let this go is if i just knew for sure that it couldnt happen
Heather
Member # 3

Well, we have given you both our opinion on that, more than once now, and extra information you can read to explain why in depth.

If you do not believe those facts and opinions from us, then we cannot convince you, and it is also not our job to do so.

So, you can get a second opinion elsewhere, like by talking to a doctor about how pregnancy happens, if you feel this is about needing more facts or from a source you trust more.

But it sounds like you could probably also stand to check in with yourself about how ready you are for any of this. When someone is feeling like you are, this is more often about people doing things they really are not ready for than about a lack of information.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Tony25
Neophyte
Member # 108434

I agree with your posts. You have helped me many times before. People tell me thats not how you get pregnant. You have to have sex or ejaculate in the vagina. If i ejaculated 24 hours prior to that, and peed like 3 times would my precum contain sperm?
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be very unlikely. If you're still thinking about the situation above, it's not even relevant, because as Heather explained, reproduction just won't happen that way.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.