Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » It's not because of pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's not because of pregnancy
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 5 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, hi...again.
I was fingered by someone who may/may not have had precum/semen on their hand. At this point I just don't remember. I've read the posts and I know it's not a pregnancy risk for precum, but what about ejaculate? I distinctly remember being fingered, then giving him a handjob/blowjob and then he came, but i can't distinctly remember if i was fingered again after that.

Anyway. Two days after, I had a period (that was already 4 days late overall. it was a 42 day cycle). Then I had a period 34 days after that (pretty normal for me) it was a little shorter and i had intense PMS that i never get. but it was still the same general pattern of light bleeding, two days of heavy bleeding, and the next 3 as moderate to spotting.

I took a pregnancy test 7.5 weeks after the encounter that read negative. I also tested this morning (10 weeks and a day after the encounter) and it too read negative. I haven't felt any symptoms, and i'm anticipating my period for this saturday. my weight hasn't increased since the encounter, it may have even decreased by half a pound.

If it doesn't come or if it's different, I can be 100% certain that it isn't due to pregnancy correct?

It's because I committed the intolerable sin of researching the internet for advice and health information and read too many forums that I'm not confident in myself. I've read about:

women who bleed during pregnancy
women who cannot get a positive on a urine test
women who don't gain weight in their first trimester
women who don't experience any symptoms

i've pegged myself to be that .01% you all talked about in your Pregnancy Scared? article.

I believe that I am the one who was pregnant from fingering with precum/semen, had their period two days after and another one a month later, while being incapable of producing a positive pregnancy test and not gaining any weight at all.

Basically, what can you recommend/reassure me?
I can be 100% certain I am not pregnant based on my circumstances correct? I can also calm down because more than likely, I'm not that 1%? [Cool]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, I don't want to sound like a know-it-all either, but I know how pregnancy happens. I know that my sexual encounter probably wasn't in my fertile period (unless by some weird event I happen to ovulate two days before my period, which I don't believe is even possible). It's just I've read so much contradicting information that it's throwing me off. What I believe I need is counseling to reset my mindset and to reassure me.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gogo2439     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also (sorry again), I know you guys don't provide counseling or medical advice. I just need to know that I can be 100% confident that I am not pregnant because there was 0% chance of pregnancy or even 0.01% chance. Not just because I want to hear it, but just because it's true.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's great that you know how pregnancy happens, but it sounds like it'd help you to get clearer on how it Can't happen. Pregnancy isn't going to happen from manual sex.

The whole point of the 0.1% of people is that they don't exist [Smile] So, you're imagining you're part of a group of people that... doesn't exist. I'd say that's a really good result when you don't want to be that person!

There is a heap-load of misinformation about conception and pregnancy (well, about everything, really) on the internet. If you don't want to keep being scared about this, the best suggestion we can make is to stop reading about it in unreliable places.

About those things you read, in short: small amounts of random bleeding sometimes happens during pregnancy, but it's very unlikely that that bleeding would look like a period. There is a hormone, hCG, which is only present when someone is pregnant, and it Has to be present for someone to continue being pregnant. That hormone is what urine pregnancy tests measure. In very early pregnancy - the first couple of weeks - hCG levels might not be high enough to be detected, but after that, they simply have to be there. Pregnancy tests are very accurate when taken according to the instructions.

As you're clearly finding it hard to let go of these worries, I think having a read and a think about You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? might help you get some pointers on good ways forward for you from here.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Yes I have read that article in addition to maybe 90% of the other articles. I understand that my fear is caused by my anxiety of actually being pregnant and having my life derailed. Basically my question to you all is, even if I were to miss my period next month/this month, I can be sure it's not because of pregnancy?
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only way to know if you are pregnant or not is taking a test. Seems like you took three of them. Three tests that came out negative. [Smile]

Also, as your other post says, looks like you just got your period, so another clear sign pregnancy didn't happen. [Smile]

I hear you saying that you know this fear is being caused by anxiety and I'm wondering if this anxiety has something to do with you feeling okay with the choices you are making? If you want to talk about that -- or not, up to you -- just know we are more than happy to do it. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

So my missed period would just have to be caused by something else? Correct?
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, with the information you gave us, sounds like you don't have a missed period. You had a period. One that lasted five days. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

Yeah but I'm talking about right now. Currently. I'm a whole week overdue. I had my 5 day "period" and now its been 45 days since that one and I haven't had a period. So can I still assume it's not pregnancy related?
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

*45 days since it started
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not possible to become pregnant from what you described in your first post in this thread. That's why I suggested it'd be helpful for you to get clearer on what can't cause pregnancy [Smile] If someone hasn't done anything that can possibly cause pregnancy, then yes, they can be absolutely certain that a delayed or missed period is being caused by something else.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gogo2439
Neophyte
Member # 109401

How long until I should consult a doctor about my very late period? It's about 7 weeks since my 5 day "period" started. I feel like its going to come soon because my cervix is low, dry, and closed and my breasts feel firmer. So should I wait it out or call the doctor now?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typically, you don't consult a doctor until you've missed more than two periods, not one. So, if it feels like a period is coming, I would wait it out

[ 02-19-2014, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.