Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Traumatized and need help :/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Traumatized and need help :/
MirrorMask11
Neophyte
Member # 109386

Icon 9 posted      Profile for MirrorMask11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys so I had a bad pregnancy scare almost three and a half weeks ago. My bf and I took a test and it came out positive. Scared the hell out of us. We took seven more test and they came out negative. I'm on birth control and we took the test two weeks before my placebo. Since then and a health center visit later last week I had my period. Nothing abnormal . Well I know I'm not pregnant but my bf is so traumatized he won't let it go. He is getting better and is talking to a councilor. That leave me with thoughts in my head wondering if I should be worried. I just need some help as to how I dismiss this fear.
Thanks a bunch

Posts: 20 | From: Ga | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there Mirror!

Sounds like you know you are not pregnant, so that's a good start. We cannot tell you if you "should" be worried because worry is a feeling and feelings don't work that way. All we can do is give you the facts -- which we have -- and my advice would be to stick to those facts. [Smile]

Have you seen this article? It has *great* ideas of how to take care of ourselves when we are having a hard time. I'd say maybe you can give it a try and see if something in there sounds like something might work for you. [Smile]

Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MirrorMask11
Neophyte
Member # 109386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MirrorMask11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you [Smile] I have been doing a lot of those things in the article I guess it will only take time befor my worry will go away. [Smile]
Posts: 20 | From: Ga | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.