Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » nervous, please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nervous, please help
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 4 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, my boyfriend and I were fooling around in january 1-3. We dry humped, I gave him a blow job, he fingered me and ate me out. At a few points I was in running shorts and only had a thong on under them. He was in underwear. Is there anyway that because of the amount of fluid on our clothes I could be pregnant?
Now, I did start and have a period on the 3rd. My question is though, would I still have had a normal period then since we did stuff that day? I am supposed to get my period today or tomorrow and I am freaking out. Please help

Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi hkirk,

Can you please take a look at this thread? I think it will answer your question about dry humping

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Sam!

I did take a look at it, I guess the reason I am wondering is because I had on really short shorts and a thong. And he was in underwear.
Also, does having a period the day after you do stuff make you in the clear? I just was curious like if implantation hasn't happened yet if you could still have a period.
I am supposed to start today or tomorrow but havent yet [Frown]

Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the link that you read, what does it say about shorts or underwear in terms of dry humping?
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It says there is no risk. I just am freaking myself out I guess. So, you dont think there is any reason to worry?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one can tell you whether or not to worry: that's an emotional response and it isn't always entirely logical. But our assessment of your risk is the same as what you read in the article (and we're the people who write those articles, so you'll get the same answers from those pieces as you get from us).

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Okay! Thank you so much [Smile] So I have a zero chance risk? I am just confused because I think I was supposed to start my period today.
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

I still havent started my period [Frown] I did take a pregnancy test this morning though. It was negative. Can you please give me some advice. Can I rule out pregnancy? I am still pretty nervous
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are accurate after 14 days of the risk. If you followed the instructions of the test then a negative result should be trusted. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

The risk was a month ago. I had my period January 3rd-7th but I havent had one since [Frown] I am still kind of nervous.
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

I am really sorry to keep bothering you guys with questions. I just am still concerned. I havent started my period and I think I was supposed to start Friday. I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and it was negative. I dont think pregnancy is something that is possible but I need reassurance. Please tell me what you think. I cant think of anytime when I have been late for my period [Frown] PLEASE HELP
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, you already answered what the information says per the risk AND taken a test. I don't know what else we can tell you save to look through this article: MIA, or Dude, Where's my Period?. You'll want to pay attention to where it says about stress and periods.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of reasons why a period can be late or even skipped. Pregnancy is not the only one, especially when pregnancy is not even an issue. Periods are not always the same. Our bodies are not machines so we shouldn't expect the same everyday. [Smile]

You had a negative pregnancy test, I don't know what can be more reassuring than that. [Smile]

I'm going to leave you a link that might be helpful:

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

So basically youre saying I have no reason to worry? and pregnancy isnt possible?
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is correct.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Thank you so much for your replies! I am just freaking out [Frown] I am almsot 20 and I dont remember ever being late for a period. Lets just say that my boyfriend and I did something that posed a pregnancy risk in January around the 1st. If I took a pregnancy test two days ago(when I was a day late for my period) Would I trust those results 100%? Or test again? I dont understand where my period is and I am at college and I really dont have a healthcare provider to talk to. Sorry to keep bugging you guys

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.