Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » i have this burning question help :/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i have this burning question help :/
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i had sexual intercourse and we used a condom and it did not break we even made the water test afterwards and there was no hole whatsoever. But he did come inside of me and when he pulled out the condom was not exactly at the same place as when he put it on. It was like one quarter off his penis. The tip and most of his penis were inside anyways. But now im freaking out if there was some leakage when he came inside of me. I cant get the plan b pill because i have used it twice this month and it totally messed up my period and it gave me strong pains. Im freaking out... should i? Or is it just my fears ? Thank you.
Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter if the condom has moved a bit, so long as it's still on the penis. It's fairly common for the condom to move a little, and that's absolutely fine. You can know that you had the usual protection from pregnancy that a correctly used condom gives.

There's also really no need to fill them with water after use. If a condom breaks, you can tell clearly that it has.

As you've taken emergency contraception twice in a month, do you need any help getting a contraceptive method to use as well as condoms, or information about correct condom usage?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1785 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your answer. Well i have been thinking of getting the pill but it costs a lot where i live and i have to see an obgyn and that costs a fortune as well and i really cant afford it . The problem is : i freak out everytime we have intercourse not because there's no protection, but because i hear so many stories of getting pregnant and the last month i freaked out i got the morning pill even though the condom was perfectly used...it s just that..even now im still anxious...cant wait for my period to come. Pregnancy is just the worst thing that could happen to me.
Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you in the States as noted in your profile?

If so, there may be sliding scale clinics you can access where both the pill and the visit are very affordable.

Of course, it also sounds like right now, period, may just not be a good time for you to be having intercourse, given how you feel. If accessing a contraception method you feel confident in is not doable right now, I would say it seems sound to consider taking intercourse off the table until it is.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given how worried and anxious intercourse makes you, I'd actually suggest taking a break from intercourse for a while. sex is supposed to be fun, not only while it's happening but also afterwards. If a sexual activity leads to anxiety, that doesn't seem very fun.

What do you think?

Also, you mention that seeing a gynecologist is expensive. I'm gathering from this that you haven't done that yet. When a person starts engaging in sexual activity, it's really important to start getting sexual healthcare on a regular basis.

There are other options besides seeing a gynecologist or GP in private practice. Many sexual health clinics offer sliding scale services, making getting that sexual healthcare more affordable.

Would you like any help finding such a clinic in your area?

Even if you decide to stop engaging in intercourse for the moment, seeing a sexual healthcare provider is still a good idea. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

No no i dont live in the us. I live in europe and in my country everything is damn expensive and im simply a student i cant afford a lot of things. If you could help me out finding such a clinic id be truly grateful. I just cant go on like this. I cant take the morning pill everytime we sleep together. My body reacts badly to it. I get horrible awful cramps and my period is just messed up. And i feel just awful for weeks. I'm actually around 21 years old so i'm not too too young you see...it s just that i worry a lot. Maybe you are right. I should step aside for a while. Thank you very much for your answers
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, at any time in life, there are times when sex, or certain kinds of sex, are not the right thing for us at the right time. That's not just about age, and is, in fact, rarely about age. It is usually much more about our other life situations and circumstances.

If you let us know where you are in Europe, we can look into this for you and see if we can't find anything. It might also be helpful to tally up what EC is costing you each month: would you say other forms of reliable contraception cost more, the same, or less?

(Btw, since you are not in the US, can you change your location in your profile? It simply makes it more efficient for us when, like with you, where a user is makes a difference in what information we give them. Thanks!)

--------------------
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Yes you are probably right....the morning after pill costs me around 40 euros :/ and it s not healthy at all and i do spend a lot of money on that plus the health issues.... i live in geneva, switzerland. Thank you very much [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. So, if it is costing you about the same as an ongoing method would, obviously we are not talking about an additional expense you can't afford, but the same you have been spending, just -- if you switched to an ongoing method -- spending much more wisely.

But all the same, apparently the Geneva University Hospitals have a family planning center that offers consultations and advice free of charge. Have you tried going there?

They are at 47 Bd de la Cluse, 1205 Geneva
Phone: +41 (0)22 372 55 00

--------------------
About MeGet our book!

euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

I will go on monday since the weekend they re closed and check it out. Thank you a million!!!! I hope they dont apply extra charges ! :/
amanderr
Neophyte
Member # 108852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amanderr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So on the 25 of October my boyfriend and I dry humped.i was on the last day of my period. He had basketball shorts on and I had my underwear on. He ejaculated through his shorts and my underwear was wet. but I am scared that I am pregnant because I haven't gotten my period since then. Right now I've been getting REALLY scared because I've been getting red brown vaginal discharge and I heard that it's a sign of pregnancy. I also have been feeling bloated. please help!! [Frown]

--------------------
Amandaa

Posts: 12 | From: Illinois | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi amander,

Can you please start a new post instead of jumping into this thread

Posts: 1288 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.