Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » anxiety cycle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anxiety cycle
beaver987
Activist
Member # 95850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaver987         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scsrleteen,
A couple months ago I was told by you guys to stay off the internet because that is what could be a trigger of my pregnancy anxiety (even though I haven't actually had vaginal intercourse). Anyway, I figured out that you guys were right, last month I didn't look anything up and was pretty calm (except for some...but not a panic...before my witdrawl bleed was supposed to start on the pill). This month, I was worried about precum seeping through cotton shorts into my vagina and caved. I looked on the internet which led to me looking up other things and went into a severe panic attack. I took a preg test this morning and got my bleed an hour ago (like it was supposed to come today or tomorrow). So, I found out you guys were absolutely right and I wanted to thank you for helping me. I will not be looking things up anymore. But, I came to see if you could help me with a vicious cycle I found myself having. During weeks 1, 2 and 3 of my pack I'm pretty calm no matter what happens. The monday on week 4 (I get my bleed usually on tues or wed...sometimes thurs) I start to breakdown and panic or get much more worried than the other times throughout the week. It is ALWAYS on that monday. Tuesday or wed i am usually calmer and I get my bleed. Hours after I get my bleed I get really horny which leads to oral and manuel sex. And the cycle starts over again.my therapist I used to go to told me to realize any patterns. Now thati I have, I was hoping for some ideas on how to surpress some of the extremes. I just need help figuring out where I should go now that I've figured out what I've been doing. Please let me know of anu techniques or things I could try to help. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Posts: 155 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We aren't therapists, and we're not trained to provide the kind of mental health help that would most likely be useful for you. However, a therapist is an excellent place to start, even the one you used to see if that's an option. A therapist will be able to help you learn to break these thought patterns and work with you on strategies to deal with anxiety when you feel it happening.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.