Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy from finger?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy from finger?
BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BailyB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.
in the last month, about 3-4 times I touched my boyfriend's penis, then touched my vagina, and even inserted my finger inside.

when I touched him, he felt dry, but I can't know for sure. I'm afraid I may have touched his pre-cum and it got into my vagina. can I get pregnant like that? if I can't, why? it would really ease my worries to hear a medical explain, if possible

i'm also on the pills, but I started taking them this month on the second day of my period, and I had diarrhea so I may have ovulated anyway.

my last period was on the 17.12, and because of the pills I will get my next 'period' (as far as I know the period you get when on placebo pills is not a real period?) on the 11.1
so if I will do a home pregnancy test in the 25.1 would it be 99% accurate? should I also do blood test? and if so, when? thank you

Posts: 16 | From: Israel | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you have looked at other posts like yours in this area, or looked at the pieces on the main site abiut what does and does not pose risks of pregnancy, what have they told you so far?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

Icon 9 posted      Profile for BailyB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry for the long post but I have to get it all out some place and i don't know where. and sorry for my bad English

for your question- most said no risk, some said low risk, but i'm really suffering, it's my birthday on friday and I won't have any fun because i'm worried sick , and anxious, I'm also afraid from today- we kissed and he went to the toilet(of course touched his penis), then touched my hand, then I touched myself down there by accident in the bathroom now i'm afraid pre cum from his hand got into mine ..

though I also asked about pregnancy test and would love to hear answer about it.. in 1 month from now, blood test will be able to detect pregnancy? (lets say possible conceiving day is today and until 5 days from now on)

i'm really afraid because pregnancy is the thing I am the most scared about..not only it'll be hard enough to deal with abortion/child,my parents will probably force me to break up with my boyfriend,which i'm 2 years with and I love a lot. get pregnant AND losing him would really destroy me.
in fact we don't do sexual things- he's so sweet and tells me that he can wait as long as it takes. the only reason I touched his penis was so he can prove me he has no 'pre cum', and that's why I shouldn't be afraid to get pregnant if he goes to the bathroom, and then touches me, and then I go to the bathroom.
stupidly after touching his penis and saw there really isnt any pre cum I went to the bathroom after and touched myself with my finger. yes I am that stupid I tried to calm myself but only scared myself more.

I wash my hands like 20 times a day with soap and still afraid somehow I have sperm left on my hand & they get inside me when I go to the toilet/take a shower/ change clothes. even after washing hands thoroughly with soap & water & dry with a towel i get freaked out when I have to take off my clothes. my parents and boyfriend don't understand why I have to go to the bathroom all the time and sometimes even get bit mad at me . in the last year I also pull out my hair from the scalp all the time out of stress and everyone get mad at me because of this but i'm just really afraid from all kinds of things and I can't control it and I have to pull out my hair.

the thought that to get pregnant i only need to have sperm on my finger and touch myself down there is messing with my head. because I can touch sperm by accident anywhere- someone's hand, a towel, toilet paper.( there is only one highschool in my city, and most students are really horrible human beings, in my country there is special type of people , that is hard to describe in English, they are kind of bullies, but also very stupid&loud and like to make troubles and be disgusting, they can do stuff like covering all the public toilets-floors and walls with their.. pee and poop, and can definitely leave their semen at all kinds of places at school)

that's why i'm taking pills even though I don't have sex. but even on pills I think I may have 1 or 2 diarrheas so they are not effective and i still ovulated.also the period bleed you get when on the pills is not a real period so it can't tell if you're pregnant or not. I thought about stopping with the pills so I can always know I am not pregnant when I get my period, but on the other hand, when not on pills I'll be much more likely to get pregnant. but then if I would want to check pregnancy i'd have to do a blood/urine test.

my mom says I should really get a treatment against anxiety but my dad says i'm alright but I don't feel alright I feel there is something really wrong with me and I don't know what. also I told my mom about the thing with the finger and she said i can't possibly be pregnant from that but anyway in 1 month we will go and do a test if i will feel i need to . I really appreciate my mom for supporting and calming me but I'm still not relaxed. now I don't know how to survive this whole month until I will go test and even after testing if i get negative result i'll be afraid the pregnancy is in too of early stage to be detected and that the result is wrong.

also I read on this site that there is no risk from that kind of activity to get pregnant but I asked doctors and they told me there is a bit of a risk , if there was sperm on the finger that I touched myself with, because in 1 drop there can be more than millions of little swimmers.

I don't know what to do anymore. sometimes I feel like a zombie and I can't feel relaxed or happy anymore. I only get some peace and quiet when i sleep.

do you really think I had no pregnancy risk. and if so can you send me links to articles and information explaining why this is no risk? drop of pre cum entering to my vagina by a finger- NOT a risk? pregnancy test month from now would be accurate?

thank you

Posts: 16 | From: Israel | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In our pieces on risk, we take fluids (such as precum) into account. So no, what you are describing is not a risk.

I think you may also benefit from reading this article: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

I am with your mom on the anxiety front. It sounds like you are dealing with quite a lot of it, both here and on your other board posts. Do you have access to counseling resources?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BailyB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, I do not have..
though do you have any article explaining why isn't it a risk?
because in the article 'Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?' it only talks about sperm who was left for a long time, in a hot/cold temperature, and after coming in contact with soap
it describes some of my situations but not all.
sometimes i'd touch his penis then go to the bathroom right after. so it didn't come in contact with hot/cold temperature, soap or sat for a while.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The basic idea is the same though: in all of the situations described in the article as well as all of the situations you're describing, the environment those cells are in has been disrupted in some way. That's the important part, not the specifics of how it happened, but that it did at all.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

so even if his finger was WET at the tip from the pre cum, it still couldn't cause pregnancy by entering the vagina? it just can't?
can you send me some more articles to read about why it can't?

also does doing a pregnancy test after 30 days from the incident would give accurate result?

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, we take fluids into account when we write about risk, so the answer has not changed.

And yes, taking a pregnancy test a month after the incident, assuming you follow the directions, will give an accurate result.

When your mom brought up your anxiety, what did she suggest you do to help manage it?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

well, I already had quite a few pregnancy scares I told my parents about, all ended up with getting my period so I relaxed. so to treat my anxiety, my mom offered me to start take pills despite not having sex, so I won't get anxious all the time, but even with pills i'm anxious because I don't think they're working yet. also, the 'period' i'll get will be withdrawal bleed and not real bleed so the only way to know I'm not pregnant is to do a test. even with a test i'm afraid the test will show wrong answer.

she didn't really offer anything else, just said 'I think you should treat your anxiety' but I don't know how. I read and hear I had no risk yet i'm afraid to be the one exception and get pregnant. I spend all day thinking 'what if' because for me: sperm touching the vagina no matter how= big pregnancy risk !! (also can sperm pass through clothes?)

also I would like to thank you so so much for supporting me on these hard times. honestly I don't know what i'd do without this site. probably freak out even more. your answers are very fast and helpful. i'm sorry if i'm repeating over some questions it's just that I need to get it inside my head.

right now I have to go to the toilet and i'm really anxious because my boyfriend was here until 30 minutes ago and i'm afraid he somehow passed sperm cells to my finger& it'll get inside me while wiping. and I get really tired of washing my hands with soap million times. I feel like other people think I might be crazy but for me it'll make perfect sense if i'll get pregnant from that. do you think I should get help?.. and if so how?

again thank you a lot I don't know how to thank you in words for all your patience and helping so much scared teens and reading through my long posts !!

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

When you say pills, I assume you mean birth control pills correct?

I think this article might actually really help with some of the anxiety you're feeling around pregnancy, and it has some recommendations as to steps to take.

You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

By the by, the scenario you describe just now can in no way cause pregnancy. At times like these, it can be really helpful to focus on the facts you read on sites like ours, and not on the "what ifs" that are popping up in your head

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would also add that things like compulsive handwashing are often symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder. especially if you already know, logically, one handwash is all it will ever take to get rid of any sperm cells on the hands, but feel you still cannot stop washing.

Perhaps your Mom, as she obviously is willing to help you try and do some things to manage your fears here, would be as willing to take you to a mental healthcare provider for an evaluation as she was with offering a trip for the BC pills?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

so. I shouldn't worry about touching his hand then touching my vagina? if there was any pre cum it would die by being moved from finger to finger?.. just NO WAY and I should stop this thoughts? because today I was at school and held hands & hugged with my boyfriend then in the bathroom I kinda had to put my fingers on that area and I got freaked out again and can't stop thinking about I may had some sperm on the finger..

I really don't know what to say to my mom. i talked with her a lot of times already and my parents agreed to buy me the pills so I will STOP freaking up and bother them all the time. i think they kinda got tired from all my pregnancy scares.

also I talked to my parents about anxiety like 2-3 years ago and they took me to a therapist and i was in 2 meetings with her and i really didn't like it, it was very awkward. so I don't know how else to get help. ?

Heather
Member # 3

It would be silly to tell someone suffering from an anxiety disorder what to worry about, especially since those fears and worries usually have nothing to do with logic or facts.

Therapy is not someing we can see results from by just going once or twice, and yeah, it will often feel awkward or uncomfortable, especially at first. But you have to be willing to see it through and go more than twice, and have to be willing to work through that discomfort.

So, again, you will need to start with a mental healthcare provider and follow through, trying what they suggest, and giving that care a real chance to do anything for you, participating in it over time.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

BailyB
Neophyte
Member # 109183

I keep being afraid of going to the toilet ,changing clothes or when someone touch me over my clothes.. thinking i may have sperm on fingers or something..

so I realized it's getting too big and decided to talk to my parents about it on sunday, asking if maybe I can go to a shrink (psychologist) or something, but today I came to conclusion I can't talk to them! I was talking to my mom a small talk, then wanted to ask something, but forgot.. so i said 'uh what i wanted to ask? ..never mind, i don't remember' and my dad passed by and heard me saying that, and started to yell at me that by saying that I just want to draw attention to myself, and I should quit making scenes and shows, and he would hit me if I keep acting like that?.. imagine what would happen if i talk to him about me suffering from anxiety?

i think i really need help from a professional like a shrink because I am terrified everytime I have to touch around my waist and things like that! but i have no one to talk to . what should I do?

Heather
Member # 3

You mentioned your mother has taken you to a therapist in the past: how about asking her again? I can't imagine you forgetting you are feeling this way and want this help, but if getting the words out is hard for any reason, how about sending her an email or writing her a note asking her about this?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.