Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » About Implantation Bleeding (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: About Implantation Bleeding
Dani461
Neophyte
Member # 92378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani461     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes we use condoms every time. I guess I just get really paranoid and was thinking the same thing about the brown blood. It was probably be heavier next time. I think each month is different like one month is heavy and the other is not heavy. I have another question:What can cause a condom to get a whole besides sharp objects and it breaking?
Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani461
Neophyte
Member # 92378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani461     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also what can cause a condom to get a whole besides sharp objects and it breaking? If a guy is wearing a condom during sex and he ejaculates can it drip down from the condom and enter the girl?
Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, if a condom is put on properly all the ejaculate will stay in the condom.

If a condom breaks during intercourse, you'll know it. It won't just be a little hole...it will split or tear.

If you want a refresher on using condoms take a look at Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani461
Neophyte
Member # 92378

Okay thanks also my boyfriend and I have sex for a short while - maybe a few seconds to minute and he doesnt ejaculate then we stop and he keeps the condom on and we start again. is that bad?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you mean the condom isn't on the whole time, that's not proper condom use, and is one of the common ways condoms fail.

So, if you want condoms to work as best as they can at reducing pregnancy and STI risks, you need to use them properly every time, and that includes putting them on BEFORE any direct genital contact, not after that contact has already begun.

But if you mean you just take very short breaks in intercourse and the condom is on the whole time -- in other words, you don't put on a new condom every time after you've taken a short break with intercourse, maybe to engage in another sexual activity -- that's usually fine so long as the condom still is on right, is intact, and -- from a bacteria standpoint -- hasn't picked up dust or hairs or what have you from the bedsheets, etc.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani461
Neophyte
Member # 92378

I meant the second one and thanks. Something has been stressing me out really badly for the past few days. Like I said my period was very short and a brown colour. I used a condom am on birth control and I know that the risks of pregnancy for me are slim but I have been having this lower left abdominal pain ( like where my fallopian tubes are) for the days after my period its not sharp but its constant throughout the day and a couple of days ago I felt nauseous like I wanted to through up but I get that feeling when I'm stressed with homework and haven't drank water for the day.. I'm just so scared that I'm pregnant because what else could be causing this pain? I am going to the doctor on Monday but until then I just kind of want a reason why this could be happening .. HELP [Frown]
CraftyKid
Activist
Member # 95725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraftyKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see lots of this misinformation on Yahoo! Answers. I browse that site and often link people here for sound answers.
Posts: 65 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honey0415
Neophyte
Member # 96103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Honey0415     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question about decidual bleeding? it runs in my family and recently i had unprotected sex and he pulled out but i dont know if he did it right. I started bleeding a week before i was supposed to start and at first it was brown spotting for two days then stopped an entire day then it was a little heavier with brown then turned a reddish brown and its not super heavy its either normal or a little lighter then my normal. it even stopped a whole day in the middle and i have no cramps and i usually have very bad cramps. i have an appointment with my doctor in two weeks to be tested but i was just curious if this sounds like a possibility of decidual bleeding?
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honey0415
Neophyte
Member # 96103

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Honey0415     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question about decidual bleeding? it runs in my family and recently i had unprotected sex and he pulled out but i dont know if he did it right. I started bleeding a week before i was supposed to start and at first it was brown spotting for two days then stopped an entire day then it was a little heavier with brown then turned a reddish brown and its not super heavy its either normal or a little lighter then my normal. it even stopped a whole day in the middle and i have no cramps and i usually have very bad cramps. i have an appointment with my doctor in two weeks to be tested but i was just curious if this sounds like a possibility of decidual bleeding?
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedandworried23
Neophyte
Member # 96185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confusedandworried23         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, this may be in a different thread but it's the same sort of issue.
I lost my virginity 4 weeks ago, about a week after the last day of my period. we used a condom and I wasn't worried that much.
two weeks ago, I had sex again. on that friday(June 22nd) the condom broke, he didnt finish and pulled out right after he noticed. I was still worried because of pre-cum and wanted to be safe so I took plan b about two hours after. Last Wednesday, the 27th, I started getting very bad cramps. The next day I started bleeding, fairly light. Friday, it was heavy like how my normal period starts and continues for two days. but Friday was the only day when it was heavy, and ten it lightened up Saturday, Sunday and Monday. and ended this morning.
I haven't ever taken birth control so my body may be thrown off by this super high dose. but is this bleeding possibly my period? ( I should have gotten it between the 29th and 3rd) or is it something different I should worry about? like implantation bleeding? :/

I called plan b and asked about it and they were not helpful at all. please help??! :/

Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you didn't get any help from calling the company that makes Plan B. [Frown]

This bleeding could very well be your period: emergency contraception (Plan B) very commonly causes wonky bleeding of some kind, whether that's spotting, early periods, late periods, what have you. Implantation bleeding (when it happens, which is rarely) is light spotting, not period-like bleeding, so you can rule that out.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedandworried23
Neophyte
Member # 96185

ugh I'd hope everything's good :/ since I've never had sex before I'm sure it's my mind making things up or whatnot but I still can't help but worry. :/ But thank you for the insight. I really appreciate it!! [Smile]
Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're still concerned, have you thought about taking a pregnancy test just to be extra sure? Seeing that result is often well worth the $10 or so.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedandworried23
Neophyte
Member # 96185

I have thought about it, but it's still a little too early take it. I'm gonna wait it out at least another week and take one! It's just the fact that this "period" isn't like my normal periods and that's what worried me most.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Well, like I said, that's not really unusual after taking emergency contraception. Sometimes periods are lighter or heavier or longer or shorter for no reason at all, too, so it doesn't sound like you have any cause for concern here.

--------------------

jjdapirate22
Neophyte
Member # 96404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjdapirate22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just experienced a scare like this just yesterday. i found a drop of blood mixed with my discharge and im still a little concerned that i might be pregnant. im sure im being stupid and im not pregnant and your main post helped clear a lot up. however, my boyfriend did ejaculate near my vagina but we both had underwear on. this drop of blood sounds like implantation bleeding but its probably just a mid-cycle spotting right? i would just like your opinion
Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So from what ive read on this site, implantation bleeding is barely anything for like a day, and heavier bleeding for 3 or 3 1/2 days requiring more than just a liner is withdrawal bleeding, right? And even implantation bleeding is rare. If someone somehow got pregnant on the pill, would it be the same info as the info for someone that doesn't take the pill/shot/etc.?
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it would still work the same--pregnancy is pregnancy--with the understanding though that the majority of people do *not* experience implantation bleeding.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks! I've always wondered, but never even asked is if someone were pregnant due to pill failure, but kept taking them anyway, would they still miss a withdrawal like one who misses a period, or is your body like "oh no more pills, time to bleed"?

I'm assuming it stops, because a developing embryo would have to have that blood kept in instead of shedding it.

Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

shynah
Neophyte
Member # 107347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shynah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need some advice.

My boyfriend was grinding over me without a condom. there was no penetration I feel. And he came after pulling out.

On the weekend we went for an adventure trip and it was a lot of travelling and trekking. My periods were due.

I got the usual abdominal pain which I get during my periods. I also witnessed some light spotting/bleeding. But then suddenly my periods stopped.

Am I pregnant?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 11 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I know i posted about this before in it's own topic, but my question about implantation bleeding didn't really get answered? So even though I'm a virgin (i've only given handjobs) I was a bit worried about pregnancy, because of my unusual period? It started a few days later than my normal period (then again, i'm pretty irregular, so I wasn't quite sure) and was fairly light. I'm usually heavy enough to have to change my pad at least once or twice a day, but I couldn't even *completely* fill up a single pad on what would have been my heaviest day. The blood was bright red sometimes, and more pinkish at other times. My normal period lasts 5-6 days, but this one was only 4. I had my normal symptom of backache on the first day. Does this sound like implantation bleeding, and can i be reassured that there is no chance of pregnancy from just a handjob?

[ 07-08-2013, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: OliveCon ]

Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Olive,

It's really much more helpful for us (and we make this clear in our user guidelines) if people don't ask the same question in more than one place. if you fel like a question wasn't answered in the way you needed or wanted, it's okay to ask again in the same topic thread where you asked it initially. Therefore, I'm going to address this question in your other topic.

[ 07-08-2013, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is decidual bleeding and is it common?
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sprite17
Neophyte
Member # 107981

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sprite17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm very worried as I have a question about pregnancy.. I am on birth control, and have been taking it consistently for about 3 months. On the 28th of June, me and my boyfriend had protected sex, but on July 14th, two days before my period, I was spotting faint pink blood. Then on the day of my actual period, I'm still spotting very faintly. I don't know if this could be implantion bleeding or a symptom of birth control and I'm really scared. I believe the condom wasn't damaged, and He said he hadn't ejaculated, but I know of pre-ejaculation.. I just really need some help I'm confused and terrified...
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have been using both the pill and condoms properly, then pregnancy truly isn't something you have to be concerned with as something even remotely likely. Too, implantation is something that takes more than two days for the process of a pregnancy to get to.

On the other hand, spotting is an incredibly common side effect of hormonal contraceptives. So, that is a far, far more likely prospect, as is spotting because of not using enough lubrication. That's particularly common when people are using a method like the pill, and then also condoms, where they don't take into account that more lube is needed with either or both of those things than without.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sprite17
Neophyte
Member # 107981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sprite17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much, the reassurance helps A LOT. I was also a little worried because what if the week of my period is actually the implantion continuing and I just think its a light period? But as I see there isn't much of a worry here. I just read so many things on the internet and all of it leads me to believe the worst. Thank you Heather!
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sprite17,

In the future, please take some time to search around the site and our message boards before posting your questions; questions on implantation bleeding are very common on our message boards. Also, please be sure to start a new thread instead of adding on to someone else's. If you need help navitating the site, we have our live chat function available, as well as instructions we have created and provided in our Site Help & Service section of the message boards.

Thanks!

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdee
Neophyte
Member # 107986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahdee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i want to ask its 5 days before my period and when i wiped my vagina, there's been a line of old blood. could it be implantation bleeding?
Posts: 10 | From: indonesia | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

hi Sarahdee,

Many people spot--have a little bit of bleeding--at any point in their menstrual cycle. That can include shortly before they're expecting their period.

I see from the last post that you made that you haven't had a pregnancy risk. Implantation bleeding isn't even a possibility if someone knows that they didn't do anythingthat could make them pregnant.

If you're worried about wh

--------------------
Robin

basketballer22
Neophyte
Member # 108331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for basketballer22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was sexually active about a month ago, without pertection, we did it, then I gave him head, He says he came after that, and he wiped it all off. Then about an hour later we did it again. Well the nest day my throat started hurting. My tonsils swelled up and I had pus on them, with a really bad smell. I had the same smell down low. I got my period to days after we did, I had really bad cramps and I had blood clots. I felt light headed for a couple days now im fine. I've been stressing out ever since he told me he came. I've been stressing bad, like I almost cry myself to sleep every night. I accidently took 2 pills of methotrexate, i thought it was something else, and ive heard it can cause spotting and stuff. I was suppose to start about 4 days ago. 2 times when I wiped, there was a little bit of blood. and today when i got home i had a little bit of bright red blood in my underwear. When i wiped there was some brownish red blood with little blood clots in it. I'm really starting to freak out. Like I don't have any other symptoms. But stressing out over this is making me feel like I might be. My mom thinks I might just have an infection.. Someone please tell me whats going on??
Posts: 5 | From: Beggs | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Have you not yet been to a healthcare provider?

If not, then by ll means, that's the thing to do. We can't possibly know what's going on, only someone who can see you in person, and give you some exams and tests can do that.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

basketballer22
Neophyte
Member # 108331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for basketballer22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm scared to have my mom take me, because she doesnt know I've had sex, and I'm scared I could be pregnant.
Posts: 5 | From: Beggs | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

It sounds clear you need some healthcare. And in the event you are pregnant, it also isn't something that will just go away by itself, though it sounds like you've had a period, so I agree with your mother: this all primarily sounds like some kind of infection. And those don't go away without treatment.

You have the right to privacy in that care in most countries, so if you don't want to tell your mother you've engaged in sex, you don't have to, and your doctor likely can't without your permission.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

basketballer22
Neophyte
Member # 108331

I've recently told my science teacher about it, and she told me this. Might be time to get a pap smear.... Sounds like an infection or other disruption in your uterus. Nothing serious. It's a good idea to have your first Pap smear around 16. She says she doesnt think I am pregnant. I'm just really scared I could be
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.