Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Yay! For my healing breakthrough!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yay! For my healing breakthrough!
Rosalia
Activist
Member # 82681

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rosalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I get into my "yay", I want to apologize for the mistakes I've made and the troubles I caused here. Actually, I can't apologize enough for it.

After what seems like an eternity of internal struggles of conflicting emotions of self-hate, suicidal thoughts, and depression following my sexual abuse, I've finally been able to look in the mirror and NOT feel disgust. I don't blame myself for what happned to me anymore and I've gotten professional help for my suicidal thoughts and managed to dig my way out of that hole as well. For once, I feel like I've actually accomplished something in this process. That is a HUGE yay for me! There is a lot I need to work and improve on, (such as being comfortable with getting close to others again and I noticed that I've become even more of a mute and anti social person) but I'm willing to try.

All my thanks goes out to the Scarleteen staff who supported me and gave me advice throughout my ordeal, as well as my family. I can't thank you enough, and I've done a poor job of showing my appreciation.

[ 02-20-2012, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Rosalia ]

--------------------
"Always remember this little sister, no mater where you or I go, no matter what happens to the either of us, know that I'll always be with you in your heart." - R.I.P my friend.

Posts: 125 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's excellent news, and I'm glad you're doing better. [Smile]

And cheers for the apology, it's appreciated.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosalia
Activist
Member # 82681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rosalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. I was in, or maybe still am to an extent, a very dark and bad place. The road will be long and hard, but at least I feel like I can get to the end at some point now. I'm grateful for all of your help, things would have been much worse without Scarleteen's help.

--------------------
"Always remember this little sister, no mater where you or I go, no matter what happens to the either of us, know that I'll always be with you in your heart." - R.I.P my friend.

Posts: 125 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy to hear you're feeling a little bit better. [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.