Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Just HAD to share...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just HAD to share...
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got that news you want to share with the world? Can't hold it to yourself anymore? Maybe you don;t have anyone around at the moment that you can tell since you've told all your pets and every stuffed animal you have already? Go on... share [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so adding the first in - Today I finally faced someone that hurt me a long time ago. I stood up to him, and I don't feel like I have to hide behind a corner every time I see him walking down the street now. For the first time in a while I feel safer being in my hometown. And it feels AMAZING! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WAHOO!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LivingOnTheEdge
Neophyte
Member # 79092

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LivingOnTheEdge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was afraid to go outside at any time, I had people wanting to beat me up any chance they got. A couple days ago, they all came at once, I told them to hold on for a second while I got my glasses off, took them off and leaned against the wall with my arms behind my head. Almost in unison, they asked what I was doing, and I replied with a scratch of my cheek and "Waiting for the actual tough guys to show up." One of them cracked then was dragged away, thrashing around like a little kid, by the others. Haven't seen any of them since. I feel accomplished now. [Cool] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
I crowbar headrabs.

*THWACK*
Announcer: It's a home run!
Headcrab: *Headcrab Death*
(Random flood of headcrabs come from outfield)
Gordon: [Thinking] This should be fun...

Oh HalfLife...

Posts: 7 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fantastic deflection!

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few good things have happened:

1. I learned to take some risks and tell a close friend (someone whose friendship and impression of me i cared about) how I felt about our change in friendship and how I felt unsatisfied with this person's treatment. This is a BIG step for me: Saying what's on my mind! Go me!

2. Secondly, I had a sexual encounter recently where I felt comfortable and totally relaxed! Now, i have some concerete experience of what such a time may look like!

Posts: 357 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just totally ROCKED my ACT practice test! It's a small thing and sort of silly but the test gives me an idea of what I might get in the real deal and I just did really well, especially for someone who graduated in May 2010 and hasn't taken an SAT or ACT test before at all, I've had to review just to get basic math concepts down and this is so great!
Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cian
Activist
Member # 44405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I doubt it made any other difference but devalued me in the eyes of my peers, I defied a person claiming gender is not socially produced and that having a penis means you're male and that's that. If gender wasn't socially produced, would we have women's clothing, men's magazines, feminine and masculine behavior or boys' and girls' toys? I dare say if gender wasn't partially socially produced by gendered presentation and re-presentation, we wouldn't.

I hate how I am not to be taken seriously for I minor in "feminazi nonsense" like Gender Studies, but people who throw slurrs like these are totally to be taken seriously. But I shan't despair. And I won't. Education for the people!

Posts: 239 | From: Europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bookwormfairy
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookwormfairy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on how I'm doing.

I'm a college student now. I made it through the sentencing and summer minus the two suicide attempts along the way that didn't fall through. I'm enjoying college life and seeing a therapist there.

Also wanted to say Yay, I survived! through all of this craziness.

[ 10-01-2011, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: bookwormfairy ]

--------------------
~Lillian

Posts: 263 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

That most certainly is a big, big bucket of yay. [Smile] I'm so happy to hear you getting through surviving and into thriving.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.