Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a pretty stressful day, so I was singing "My favourite things" to myself (my remedy song when I'm stressed or have flashbacks), and I was trying to think of my own favourite things. Sometimes we all just need to remember the little everyday things that make us feel good, otherwise we overheat. Off the top of my head, I like:
*Satisfaction after playing the piano or singing and knowing I did really well
*The feeling you get after you go to the bathroom (#1 or #2) after you've been really wanting to go [Razz]
*Having a long drink of water when you're really thirsty
*Laughing so hard that you cry, even if it's over stupidities
*Food! Especially after you've been hungry. Mostly healthy, really good food that makes you feel great when you eat it; like eggplants!! My favourite veggie [Cool] And the occasional sweet
*Compliments, especially for my tattoo (probably because I can't see it myself without a mirror) or my musical ability
*When the kids at the slums get really into my classes!
*Cuddling with my boyfriend after sex
*Listening to a really great song on the radio that I haven't heard in a long time
*My boyfriend's backrubs and tickles
*Conversations that last for hours
*Of course, "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens! Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens!" [Big Grin] Plus other musicals that I would watch when I was little [Smile]

I'll think of more soon and post. Add your thoughts!

P.S: that's a strategy that's really helped me. Whenever I feel like hurting myself, or feel a wave of negativity coming on, I hide my face in my hands and sing "my favourite things" to myself, and I usually feel better by the time I get to "brown paper packages tied up with strings". Try it with a song you really like that has a positive message!

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad... I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feel so bad!!"

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL,My raindrops on roses.....

*A book thats never been read(by me)
*(Er I like this to)Converstaions that last for DAYS
*Mmm,Cayuco Club Burger
*Singing in the shower
*Dancing on Band Night

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith54
Activist
Member # 27855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great topic! [Big Grin]

*Deep conversations with friends
*Hugs
*My dogs playing with eachother
*Cuddling with my boyfriend after sex as well [Smile]
*Hearing a good song on the radio
*Funny tv shows
*Working out
*Writing a poem I'm proud of
*Reading before going to sleep

--------------------
"My grandmother never gave gifts- she was too busy being raped by cossacks." ~ Woody Allen

Posts: 107 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
my raindrops on roses...

*being able to sit in comfortable silence with my best friends.
*Writing a poem i know i like.
*reading a brand new book that no one else has ever read before me.
*the smell of new school books.
*hearing really great songs that i love.
*hearing my best friend's voice on the other end of the phone after not hearing from him for a while.
*my boyfriend's bed where we snuggle up, expecially on a cold winter morning.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
* Snuggling with my boyfriend after sex, and just feeling really warm inside and out
* Eating cucumber and cream cheese finger sandwiches
* Taking trips to Yosemite with the people I love
* The smell of office max
* Listening to my boyfriend and my song (Don't Worry Baby by The Beach Boys)
* Scratch that - Listening to ANY beach boys song
* sitting in white and green rooms
* Looking at panda pictures
* Watching the rain when I'm snuggled up underneath really warm blankets
* Playing board games by candle light when the power goes out

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
*listening to music
* watching T.V. (when I'm not too busy which doesn't seem to be the case lately with all my studies)
*being with my boyfriend
*doing sports (really that gives me a boost of energy when I feel down or so, one of the best remedies for me personally)
*going out with friends
*learning (which includes going to school)
*travelling
*playing guitar

and I'm sure I'm missing some more...

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment, I can only come up with three good ones.

When it's cold, dark, and rainy, I like to curl up in front of the fireplace. I make my favourite kind of tea (Trader Joe's brand Green Jasmine tea, steeped with bay leaves), put on calming classical music, and wrap up in a blanket and cozy socks. Then I just sit and watch the fire and listen to the music and smell and feel the warmth of my tea. It's probably the best relaxing, sensual, de-stressing thing ever.

Also, one of the non-holiday days (or nights, rather) I look forward to most all year is the first night sleeping with flannel sheets on my bed. It's so warm and comfy and just plain nice. It also marks the real beginning of the colder seasons, which are my favourite parts of the year. Actually, this year it was last night that was the first night, and, even though I only slept for five hours, I slept more deeply than I have for a long, long time.

Also, another thing I enjoy is my walk to and from the bus. In the morning, I have to leave very early to get there on time, and so it's still cool and often misty and the rays of the rising sun look almost as if you could catch them. It's a nice way to start out the day, I think. The way home I don't enjoy as much, mostly because it's nearly all uphill, but it's still a time that I can take to myself, just to think. Even though I walk the same way, twice a day, every weekday, I always find new little things to appreciate. Like yesterday, a neighbor's flowering something-or-other tree had dropped many of its flowers, due to a rainstorm the night before. They were blanketing the ground in a lovely carpet of pink petals, and I picked several up to take home and press.

What I really enjoy most are just those calm, quiet moments, whether shared with friends or taken for myself, when I can just sit and think and feel content. I love things like music and learning and travelling, but I have so few moments of relaxation that I've learned to really appreciate them.

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
*i like walking in the rain.
dancing
and watching a movie.

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-the adorable cuddles that I have with my husband after we have sex
-going out with my girlfriends regardless of what we do whether it's shopping, chapters, clubbing, etc (I always have fantastic time with them!)
-getting my favorite flowers which are roses!
-spending time with our two kittens. They are quite the entertainers [Smile]
-hearing my husband's voice on the phone if i'm out or at work
-getting text messages from several friends even if it was just to say hi [Smile]
-we are both big on family so it always cheers me up when we know we're going to see our parents, siblings, cousins and the like (I'm excited about tomorrow and Monday..two thankgiving dinners--I'm Canadian).
-sitting by the fireplace on cold winter nights (but we don't have one in our apartment right now) *can't wait till we have our own house*
-lounging up in my comfy clothes and just do nothing!

--------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.