Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Part II about my best friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Part II about my best friend
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when I said in my last post that my best friend was abused by his ex, and his other friends didn't believe him, well, he also told me that he showed his friends the facebook messages between him and his ex that proved that he was abused. I haven't seen the messages, but I do believe him. Even though I believe him, I wanna see this messages anyway, not to get proof that he was abused, but just to see what he said. I just wanna take a peek. I'm so nervous to ask him, b/c he might get mad at me, or think that I don't believe him (even if I say the reason I just said). I do believe him. I just wanna take a little peek at it. Nothing too big. I just donno how to ask him without upsetting him or making him think I don't believe him. Him saying "no" isn't a big thing, but I don't wanna upset him.

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like the most respectful thing to do around that is figure that if he wants to share those with you, he will. And if he doesn't offer, you accept that's just a curiosity of yours that's not going to get sated.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but, how do you think can be a respectful way to ask?

--------------------

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really think there is one. I think the respectful thing to do is NOT to ask.

You might bear in mind that it may be that he showed those other folks and not you because of a good thing: because he felt the need to prove abuse to others while he felt confident that you believed him.

But seriously, I'd let it go. You don't need to see them, and we don't always have to have our curiosities sated.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

if ya say so.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.