Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » My mum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My mum
Dance dazzle shine
Neophyte
Member # 47675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dance dazzle shine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've kinda had enough, like I don't care what people think about me. Pleasing people comes very low down in my list of worrys, but my alcoholic mother really does bother. I've lived with it for 5 years my dad left and me and my younger sister has spent the last couple of years coping with it. A month or so ago my mum kicked both me and my sister out. I wanna say I can turn my back on her but I can't. I don't mean to bitch she's my mum and I'm loyal to her. I'd defend her in any situation but I'm the one that's starting to sound like I have the problem I lie for her I hide things from people. I am however running out of understanding when I'm called out of work to pick her up of yet another bar or pub or whatever in the early afternoon. I do all this for her but everything I seem to do isn't good enough. EVERYTHING. I wanted to study music but she ripped me down I was accepted in university but I can hardly leave. My job my life style my friends even my son isn't good enough. She shouts and screams at me, she never physically hurt me though but the other day I had to pick her up yet again. I stayed at her house so I could make sure she was ok. It was one maybe two in the morning and she was screaming and wouldn't stop I still now don't know why. I went into her room I tried to calm her down but she punched me so god damn hard she knocked me down. Walking around with bruises and cracked ribs. I don't know what to do any more. I just don't know what to do.

--------------------
Dance dazzle shine

Posts: 3 | From: Essex | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this information about AlAnon in Essex:
http://alanonlondon.netbox.com/Essex%20Meetings.htm.

They can help you cope with having an alcoholic family member and help you learn healthier dynamics for your other relationships.

I don't know how old you are, but if you're a minor, and she's kicked you out, how are you surviving? Can you go to your dad for help?

I'm so sorry that she hit you. That was completely unacceptable, and you would be well within your rights to call the police. It might help her get the help she needs. Covering for her is what they call "enabling," because it enables her to continue her destructive and hurtful behavior. What's worse is that she's doing it at your expense. Nobody wants to be treated like crap, and it sure doesn't make sense to do things that help someone continue to treat you like crap.

You do not deserve that treatment, and I hope you seek help from your local community so that you can begin to make your own life whole and pursue YOUR dreams. You do deserve that! [Smile]

All the best to you.

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dance dazzle shine
Neophyte
Member # 47675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dance dazzle shine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehh i work and I'm staying with my friend at the minute. I would rather punch myself in the face many times than go back to my dad

--------------------
Dance dazzle shine

Posts: 3 | From: Essex | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can certainly understand that sentiment!

Well, I don't know what the laws are in the UK, but usually your access to governmental resources is somewhat limited when you reach the age of majority. So it's good that you work and that you can stay with a friend. What do you think about seeking out some counseling to help you deal with your mother's alcoholism and its negative impact on your life?

[ 06-29-2010, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: mma ]

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dance dazzle shine
Neophyte
Member # 47675

I already have counseling I don't particually find it very helpful but I go. It's meant to be doing something

--------------------
Dance dazzle shine

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.