Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » umm i cant entirely say

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: umm i cant entirely say
unk3363
Neophyte
Member # 44304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unk3363     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These memories are very faint but I can say with a doubt that I was raped, I donít entirely remember the act but much of what know is covered in guilt and confusion. It was not a guy as far as I can tell, but every time I get any where close to a girl I feel like I am shutting them out, when I flirt with a girl I cant go further . what s to do
Posts: 3 | From: calgary | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi unk,

I'm really sorry that this has happened to you. Have you ever sought out counseling for this? Therapy can be a big help in processing the emotions that lead you to respond that way, and it's often the best thing to do in these situations.

Do you have options for therapy, or would you like help finding resources?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unk3363
Neophyte
Member # 44304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unk3363     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i never went for any help but i feel weird about therapy, i dont know what i am looking for. i decided to do something but i dont know this feels weird
Posts: 3 | From: calgary | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feeling confused and weirded out are very valid, 100% normal feelings.

Seeking counseling often has a huge stigma attached to it, I've noticed. But here's the thing: it is really, really difficult to process abuse on your own, especially when you feel so confused about it in the first place.

Do you have any resources such as a school guidance counselor, trusted older friend or family member, etc, who you can trust to help you sort out your feelings and/or help you seek out counseling?

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi unk,

I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Is there anything we can help you with, including finding counseling?

Do you just want to talk more about how you're feeling?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unk3363
Neophyte
Member # 44304

I had a girlfriend i talked about for a while nothing really changed but I felt better, not much more was said to my sisters. i really have not tried counseling not even thought about it that much , I feel as though the entire sense of what happened was not what it is but some thing more neutral, but effects me In a way witch is hard to explain
I also donít know what I am looking for, one day I noticed the way I was acting, and remembered protecting a friend when she arrived at I think was the persons house or a situation with her, when she came in a stroller and I quickly rushed her to a corner between the stove and the wall

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.