Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » What's wrong with me? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's wrong with me?
renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renyoj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I mean from before. They gave me a test at the hospital, yes, and I don't mean to tick you off but there's a reason I hate going to hospitals. I don't trust them, and they've screwed things up before so it's not impossible to do it again. That's the only reason I wanted to take another test, just to see if there's and mine our right because I can't tell from just mine and I don't fully trust the results of theres.

And I'm sure that's dumb of me and fairly pointless but I just want to be sure and if my answers come up the same then yes the hospital was right and I'll let it go.

The only reason I'm even worried about it right now is because if I do get sent away then I have no clue how I can get the problem fixed if I'm stuck there and only there.

Posts: 94 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assure you that a test done at a hospital is as good as it gets. But if you want to take another test for yourself and feel that is more reliable, then that is something you should just go and do.

Again, I really don't feel this is something sound for us to invest time and energy in right now, but I assure you, if you go into an inpatient program and are pregnant, that will be addressed. And if you do go into an inpatient program due to your mental health and all of these issues, a judicial bypass would likely be easy to get because of your mental state, too.

Just FYI, has school not started for you yet? It looks like school has started for the high schools in your area. One reason I ask is that with you winding up in more and more trouble, not attending school is also going to present issues.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renyoj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I've just got issues with them and I'm not saying they're horrible or anything I just know they can have accidents and that's not something I want to just blow off as nothing because I don't want his baby. But I am, I asked my mom if I could have a little money to go buy a book or something so I should be able to get one tonight.

The articles I was reading, it didn't seem like someone in my state would have a good chance at getting a Judicial Bypass but that could be wrong. I just don't want this to affect getting that if I have to.

No school's started, and except for the last two days I've been going.

Posts: 94 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, until (and if) you get to a point where you verify a pregnancy, I don't see much point in talking about your options or the laws. However, perhaps obviously, this is the kind of thing to know and consider when making choices about sex and who you choose to have sex WITH.

So, for future reference, if you know that you want NO risk of pregnancy at all, you need to avoid the kinds of sex that present that risk (I am obviously not talking about your rape). If you are comfortable with some risk, but still don't want to become pregnant, then you only have sex that presents those risks when using a reliable form of birth control and refuse sex when birth control (and safer sex, as those are also not minor risks) is not available to you or a partner is refusing to cooperate.

Again, this is one of those things that has to do with the choices you have been making and if they are really in your best interest and choices -- including their possible consequences -- you can handle.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Yeah that's all true. In the next couple of days though none of that will matter because I'll be stuck at the Behavioral Health Center. And I even asked, my parents only can come once a week how decent is that? It's not fair. I really hope this place works or I'm going to be mad for nothing.
Heather
Member # 3

Well, as everyone here has made clear, it's not "a place" that works. It's whether or not you work it.

So, if it's a good place, and you do your level best to use its benefits and work with the people there to help you, it's likely to help. If, on the other hand, you're very resistant or basically stay mad about being there the whole time, it can be the best place in the whole world and likely won't result in the good stuff.

By the by? Often treatment centers for young people will limit family visits because family can be part of the problem, and because part of what they're supposed to be offering you is a haven from the rest of your life.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

I know, it's just I do and don't want to do it. I don't like it because of the rules and stuff that'll go on, but as long as I don't have to do group stuff I think it should be ok. And I'm going to try, especially if it turns out like I think it will. They're less of making me go now and I kind of want to try so that's at least a good point right?

And that makes sense but they're not a problem for me I want to be able to see at least someone more than that since I'll be with strangers you know? I get why, I just wish it wasn't like that.

Heather
Member # 3

You know, sometimes, in any given way, finding yourself with a group of people you don't know can be a very good thing. I've had more than one experience in my life like that, in various settings, where I suddenly spent extended periods of time -- over days -- with a group of people I didn't know and we all got very close and some really cool things happened.

Yes, I do think getting to a point where you can see it as a potentially good experience is a very good thing. And far more likely to have it wind up being something helpful and of value to you that way.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Well living with them I can't get used to, I can get over that eventually and be fine with it. But to me if I don't even like opening up to my family then how could I with strangers really? They don't know me yeah, but they can still judge me and not have to be honest about it. Or think I'm more messed up than I am with the things I do and stuff. I don't mean it all neccessarily but you get the point right? And maybe it'll be different and I'll be wrong and it'll do some good just me thinking right now I don't see it happening but I don't know things change.

About these places, they don't generally let you bring in personal belongings do they? I don't think the one I'm going to does. I don't really understand why that's true if it is, I can't even bring a teddy bear.

And about earlier, I officially have a reason to be worrying about it. But I guess that'll get taken care of on Monday when I leave, they'll help me out I think.

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

I'm starting to feel a little out of place here by myself, I don't want to worry them but should I just call my parents or something? I don't want to ruin there night, or really say what's going on just think it'll calm me down some.
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit confused Renyoj, where are your parents? From your IP address it looks like you're at home.

You should absolutely call your parents when you think they can help you. I'm sure they'd want you to call when you need them.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

They had made plans a while back for last night and I told them I'd be fine and stay home and not do anything. I didn't call them though, it would've made them mad. I just made myself go to sleep instead so I didn't have to think about stuff.
Heather
Member # 3

I'm glad you were able to care for yourself, but I also think when you're in crisis -- and your parents obviously know you are -- it's fine to err on the side of caution and call if and when you need to.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Well if things got any worse than they were then I probably would've but it was supposed to be a good night for them and I didn't want to ruin it over something dumb. And hey, I was in bed like I said I would be when they got home and I figure they weren't expecting that so I'm really glad I didn't call them for that.

At these places, they don't do body checks or anything like that do they? I'm only asking because I'm sick of people staring at me without clothes, and I don't think one needle mark will shout drug abuse but I don't want them to think of it in that way,.

[ 09-05-2009, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: renyoj ]

Heather
Member # 3

If you let us know where you were going, we'd probably be able to help you find out more about it. But not knowing that, we can't possibly speak to what all of their policies are.

Since YOU know where you are going, though, if you prefer not to share it with us, you can probably do your own research to find out the answers to a lot of your questions about it.

[ 09-05-2009, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

The website they have doesn't really tell anything I guess there's no point in asking anyways. I'll find out everything else on Monday but I still just don't want to go. Sorry, I don't know, my head's all messed up today so I'm not thinking straight when I asked questions.

If I told my parents about some stuff last night, depending on if some of it being technically illegal noone could get in trouble unless they purposly told police right? I don't know if I will or not, but if I did I want to be sure they'd have to report it before anyone got in trouble or not.

[ 09-05-2009, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: renyoj ]

Heather
Member # 3

quote:
If I told my parents about some stuff last night, depending on if some of it being technically illegal noone could get in trouble unless they purposly told police right? I don't know if I will or not, but if I did I want to be sure they'd have to report it before anyone got in trouble or not.
Not knowing what you're talking about, or what you mean by trouble, I have no idea.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Well it's something that shouldn't have happened I guess, not helping me any.

I don't know what was going on Taylor just asked to come over and he was drunk but not an angry kind of drunk he looked upset. Anyway he just ended up staying the night I guess, after I took some medicine I don't really remember anything cause I fell asleep right after that. And I doubt having sex so that didn't happen, just the fact that he came over I guess.

He had stuff with him, but he's old enough to drink legally. And he didn't break in. Being in a room and hanging out with me can't be constituted as illegal right?

Heather
Member # 3

Someone being in your room invited is not a legal issue.

Mind, I really think that it's not a good idea for you to be having people over alone who are intoxicated, especially with how things have been going for you. And I don't know what medicine you're taking, but if you're taking sleep medications not prescribed for you, also a bad idea.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

renyoj
Activist
Member # 43787

Ok, I didn't think it would be I just wanted to make sure he couldn't get in trouble for it.

About him though, I didn't know he was intoxicated or that stuff was going on. He just texted and said he was outside and wanted to know if he could come in. I don't know what was going on but he was just upset, and I didn't feel that great either so I didn't see the harm. But I was dressed this morning, so we didn't have sex or anything. I just thought he wanted to hang out, and considering where I'm about to be going I thought it'd be nice. I didn't have any sexual intentions or anything.

It wasn't any perscription, it was just some pain relief capsules, I think that's the right word. All I did was take two and pull them apart for the powder, mix in water and put it in through a syringe. They're just for regular usage but make you sleepy is all.

Heather
Member # 3

quote:
It wasn't any perscription, it was just some pain relief capsules, I think that's the right word. All I did was take two and pull them apart for the powder, mix in water and put it in through a syringe. They're just for regular usage but make you sleepy is all.
I wasn't around yesterday afternoon or last night, but if you are talking about injecting any kind of medication, I don't think I need to tell you how incredibly dangerous that is.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.