Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » it's not rape, right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it's not rape, right?
c'est la vie
Neophyte
Member # 37132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c'est la vie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you decide to go all the way but then don't want to anymore -for whatever reasons- but gives signals that you want to stop like crying or not relaxing or dry heaving etc but don't say anything and keep going.

i don't think that's rape, but i've heard it is and isn't. anywho, just wanted some nuetral opinions. thanks :]

Posts: 12 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If at any time one or both partners decide that they don't want to have sex anymore, it should stop - period. It doesn't matter if you audibly say no or you just don't say yes ... if you're giving some sign (even just laying there unresponsive) then it's a cue to the other party to stop. Crying is definitely another sign ... and anytime you "dry heave" is a very strong physical sign that your body is reacting to an unpleasant stimulus.

What you're describing here most certainly is a form of rape. Rape is defined as a party having sex done to or on them without consent throughout. I've attached an article that I think will help you some. The first part is just the part of the article on consent and the second part the whole article. Hope this helps.

Consent
How guys can prevent rape

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.