Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » new and nervous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new and nervous
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Thijmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really know how to start cause I've never really done this before.
For a little intro, I'm Thijmen and I'm 15.
I've been staring at this site and this message box for a while now, not sure how to begin what to say... I know my dad would kill me if he knew I was at a site like this though.. but.. here it goes. My dad and sometimes the neighbour.. well they abuse me. Physically and s**ually.. sorry can't say it without spoilers. so.. well enough for now. I'm not sure why i even post this.. sorry. [Frown]

Thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat
To talk like this and act like that.
And you can dream, so dream out loud
And don't let the bastards grind you down.

Posts: 11 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thijmen. Welcome to Scarleteen!

No need to apologize! There's no pressure about posting here. If that'd make you feel more comfortable, you can browse the mainsite first, or use our search function to search for topics similar to yours. If you feel that you want to tell us your story, or that there is something that we can do to help you, you can post more. Sometimes just writing it all out is already a huge start, and we'd be more than happy to give you some advice if that's what you're looking for.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thijmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for responding.
I'm just really nervous about all this.
Like scared he will find out and well. It's just hard to write it down, even.
I'm not sure what i want of the site - its not like anyone can help after all. So.. I don;t know.

Thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

Posts: 11 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we can certainly offer help in directing you to services to stop that abuse.

Obviously, we can't do anything to stop your father and enighbor from abusing you, unfortunately.

But there are things you can do so that this doesn't go on. None of them are easy, but getting away from abuse certainly beats the alternative.

Here's one place to start in the Netherlands, for instance: http://www.brokenspirits.com/directory/index.cfm?organization=2141

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thijmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.
I don't know if I will have the guts to call them though.. I don't think so.
Sorry

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, no pressure. You do not need to call right now. I know that, when you're just starting to come to terms with something as big and horrible as abuse, it's a really long and painful process. You've already made a great start by coming to ST to talk about it. Heather gave you an option about seeking outside help, but you do not need to go there right now. Just take it slow, and when you're ready, check out that link she gave you. And in the meantime, we'll listen if you want to talk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thijmen
Neophyte
Member # 35405

Thanks.
It's just all confusing and.. i dunno. [Confused]
Anyways thanks for replying

Thijmen

--------------------
And I must be an acrobat

Channy
Activist
Member # 34946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Channy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Thijmen,

I understand how you feel. I was raped when I was 13, and I had an extremely hard time telling other people my story and getting support. I was always afraid they'd put me at blame somehow, or that he'd find out I was telling people.

Please know that you dont deserve anything that they do to harm you. You are not at fault.

We're all here for you. And willing to listen whenever you're ready.

Do you have any questions for us?

Posts: 78 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.