Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » final decision

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: final decision
darkcoldnights
Neophyte
Member # 30673

Icon 9 posted      Profile for darkcoldnights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello...
my situation has got to stop somehow.. alright.. hmm i posted here before long time ago.. I am not sure but I cant get into my old account anymore, so I will quickly describe my problem again. Basically my mom shares a house with this man, whom she has known for like 14 years. They each bought half of the house.

Me and my mom basically live in a city where we dont really know anyone family and close friends wise who can help. Some of my friends know about the situation because the guy really damanged my moms thumb. It got swollen but my mom still didnt go to the police. I remember my friends even tried talking to her.

Ok its been horrible, he pulls her hair, her calls her a retard, he steals her things, he says he will call the police, he keeps repeating that she is lair, like whatever she would say he would only answer liar to her. He did the same to me, over something that cant even be proven when I told him I didnt remember my home phone number. He believes that every person she meets she has sex with, even the women. Today in the morning he broke her mobile and began threatening her. I am so sick of it, i had to run to the neighbours, but they didnt want to get involved. I dunno, I am scared.. tired.. I dont want my mom to be hurt. Its not like he has been nice before, he has basically always been like this, at least what I can rememeber. Specially about the hair pulling when i was small i remember when he did that when i was "sleeping".

I dont know what she can do, she was supposed to go to the police, but she doesnt want to get involved in legal matters now, she has it very stressful at her job. She says she wouldnt be able to take it, but I dont know. Living here for the last year and a half has been just up and down all the time. Is there any quick smart way to leave this place. Honestly I am afraid for my moms safety. I wish I had more family here but they all live in another contury and its hard for them to come up here all the time this happens so now if they do I will need to know how my mom could act to leave this place. Its also messed up that we have to leave because its as much of our house as it is his.

thank you for your help, Ill be waiting for an answer

Posts: 13 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite possible that your mom just doesn't have the strength to reach out for help. You can do this for her. You can call the police. The police can help you and your mom leave this abusive situation.

If you wish to avoid police invovlement, you can try to go directly to a shelter. I haven't been able to find any online, but i will leave a message in the advocate area for someone else to check. We'll need to know what city you're in, so we can find the shelter closest to you.

Really though, i think you just need to call the police. They will take you to your nearest shelter and try to help keep this man out of your mothers life.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkcoldnights
Neophyte
Member # 30673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkcoldnights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we are gonna try to get some help from our family, so they could come and help us to move away. Thank you for everything. I could write all the stuff he did but that would still come up to the same conclusion.
I just want you to know that this site means a lot to me. I been going on it since I was 13. So thank you for everything again.

Posts: 13 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.