Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » To him, I say?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To him, I say?
Invisigoth
Neophyte
Member # 34246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisigoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This very well may be a gross betrayal of trust and the confidence in which I was told this. A friend of mine recently revealed unto me his Deep Dark Secret, which in the past has been alluded to but never explained explicitly.

When he was 9 to 11 years old (I assume the lack of specificity is due to the fact that for years he didn't remember it at all) he was alone with his brother who is three years younger, and an unnamed older boy, we'll call P for the sake of convenience.

The story goes like this: P had the boys play a "game" with him, the so-called game was called Dr. Sex, and involved first the younger boy performing oral sex on P, and then my friend on his brother.

When he remembered this, he was in high school, and it hit him like a "mother-******* boulder". He says he should have said something, considering himself smarter than his peers but yet not smart enough to know when he should have spoken up.

The question(s) being: What needs to be said, and in what way does one go about saying it?

Posts: 1 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Invisigoth, I don't think you're betraying your friend at all; this IS an anonymous forum after all, and chances are he told you because he'd like help dealing with it. This is a difficult topic to approach (as you know), so I'll first ask some questions:

- How old was the older boy involved? Have they had any contact since then?
- Has your friend's brother ever said anything to him or his parents about it?
- Has your friend talked to anyone else about it?
- How does your friend feel about all this? Calling it his "Deep Dark Secret" says a lot, but does he embarassed/ashamed/confused/exploited/etc.? (From what you gather.)
- Did he say anything he'd like to do or not do about it? (Has be ever been to counseling, for example?)

You're a good friend to care and want to help, Invisigoth. [Smile]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.