Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » help! my friend and i are being harassed!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help! my friend and i are being harassed!
ashley_love
Activist
Member # 33653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashley_love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well my best friend has been being sexually harased by this guy here lately...
and this guy is like always rubbing on her, smacking her butt, and trying to finger her.... all of this at school....
and today we went on lock down (had to stay in our class like half the day) and he was sitting by her and me... between us... and he was doing it again.. this time he almost did finger her... and i looked at her during class... and she was about to cry... i could tell by just looking at her that she was scared and was being taking advantage of.....she couldnt stop him cause he was leaning on her and she was in a position where she couldnt do anything... and she is too afriad to tell anyone but me.... and i am seriously scared for her... cause this isnt the first time she has been takem advantage of..... she had a boyfriend once that raped her... so she is scared. an im scared for her too more than ever.... i think i might be next too... cause he looks at me weird and trys to discreetly make attempts to touch me too.... we both need help.

--------------------
*ash*

Posts: 43 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very best thing for both of you to do would be to go to your school principal or counselor -- even just a teacher you like and trust will do -- and report this immediately.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley_love
Activist
Member # 33653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashley_love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay i was just to scared to do anything at school today. once i got home i thought that would be the best idea

--------------------
*ash*

Posts: 43 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. And you could also ask a parent to come in with you to school tomorrow to make a report, as well.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley_love
Activist
Member # 33653

i dont know about that cause he hasnt actually sexually harassed me... but he is harrassing my friend... so i would rather keep my mother out of this one... she has already gone to my school enough about me being harassed by students and sadly even a teacher.... so i will just go with my friend to talk to a counselor about it... and i was wondering should i also talk to them about what a 'friend' of mine is doing to me? he always 'flirts' with me until he getts to a playfull hitting then to actually hitting me and hurting me. he knows i have a heart condition where if i get hurt i can pass out.... and today he kneed my in my leg and caused my body to go into shock and i almost passed out in the middle of class... my friend had to take me to the office cause i couldnt walk on my own without falling and passing out.... so should i also talk to the counselor about it too?

--------------------
*ash*

PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely: if you are being regularly bullied, harassed - sexually or not, you need to tell the people who can sort out the situation, this being your teachers or school councilor.

I don't know what extents he goes to "attempting" to touch you, but that sounds like sexual harassment to me! And if you're mother has already been supportive in similar situations that's a GOOD reason to ask her to come to school with you, regardless of how many times she's come before... if you need her - you need her.

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley_love
Activist
Member # 33653

well i mean the guy that has been messing with me and my friend just like hugs me and brushes his hand against my arm... so he really isnt sexually harassing me.... but the other guy friend that actually hurts me has been hitting me over the whole year... and this is the first time he has actually hurt me bad enough to cause my dizziness today. so i dont think i necessarily think the first guy is actually sexually harassing me. im gonna talk to the counselor with my friend... but im not completely sure about the abusive friend.... and he usually is nice but i am unsure if he is good to be around now.... so im kinda scared of the outcome if i talk to the counselor about the abusive one.

--------------------
*ash*

PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure that a hug and brushing your arm (maybe accidentally) in itself constitutes a sexual harassment. however you said "we both need help." and if it really is disturbing you, you should ask him to stop, and if he does not, you have cause to report him.

If someone is physically hurting you and you don't want them to, that is SERIOUS. And just because they don't make you dizzy one day, doesn't mean they won't keep taking advantage.

You need to do what you can to STOP it happening, and that means telling the people who CAN stop it.

(The same goes for the other man who's sexually harassing your friend)

[ 05-03-2007, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: PenguinBoy ]

--------------------

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley_love
Activist
Member # 33653

well i just talked to my mom and had a little bit of a break down... and now she is calling the abusive guys mom.... (yea sounds childish but maybe it will help) and tomorrow me and my friend will go up to the counselor to talk about it.... thanx for all the help.. i might keep you posted on the abusive person later..... but for now thank you.

--------------------
*ash*

PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

I'm glad it's getting sorted out,

Is it the one who was hitting you that your mother has called?

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.