Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » PLEASE HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!
tracy6789
Neophyte
Member # 30735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracy6789         Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is double posting, but this is urgent and the Scarleteen staff can take a few hours, and i want some of your adivce as well as theirs, so im sorry. My friend is being abused, my parent wont help, and im scared that if I tell ill lose my best frined
Posts: 12 | From: united states | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey

i know u think that by telling you will loose ur best friend but u wont!!!
u r helping her!!! maybe for a lil while she may not understand y u told when u said u wudnt but deep down she is gonna be happy that she is safe!!

is it by someone she lives with? if so n she really wont let u tell anyone maybe she could stay at your house until you can sort out what to do? am not sure how old u r but maybe u could talk to a teacher or a family friend that could help you both understand wat to do next?

i no that this is gonna seem so scary atm but it is for the best that this is stopped? n now?

i will stay on here n keep checking on u

good luck

love stace xxx

Posts: 38 | From: south shields | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracy6789
Neophyte
Member # 30735

She is being abused by he parents. When she didn;t do her homeowrk they threw her out of the computer chair, kicked, and started beating her with a water bottle. I am only thirteen, so I dont think she can stay here. She wont call child seervices, and I proomised I wouldnt tell. I dont know whether to tell any of my teachers or not.
Posts: 12 | From: united states | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do u have a particular teacher that you could talk to? or a family member maybe an aunt that you could talk with?

if she is being physically abused then it cant carry on, does she have anyone else she could live with? not only is it physcial but its emotional too, deep down she must want the help otherwise she wouldnt have spoken to u

love stace xxx

Posts: 38 | From: south shields | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracy6789
Neophyte
Member # 30735

She keps thinking about running away to her grnadmas, but if she did- she doesn't have enough of a backbone to come clean and she'll be marked as a runaway and "punished" more.
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

could she not write a letter sayin what is happening at home and why she isnt happy, then go to her grandma's and give her the letter? that way the abuse can be dealt with and if nerves get the better of her she can just give grandma the letter?

u say run away is it far to grandma's house?

love stace xxx

stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

could she not write a letter sayin what is happening at home and why she isnt happy, then go to her grandma's and give her the letter? that way the abuse can be dealt with and if nerves get the better of her she can just give grandma the letter?

u say run away is it far to grandma's house?

love stace xxx

tracy6789
Neophyte
Member # 30735

I'm not really sure. Shes been planniing to run away 4 EVAH!! but what if she gets kidnapped, caught, raped.........
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

hey

am really sorry my internet crashed last night [Frown]

i dont fully understand what you mean by run away? does her grandma lives very far away, how would she get there? can she not ring her grandma and ask her to visit or send her a letter

is there no one at school you can talk to

love stace xxx

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's the same age as you, she's not going to be able to just move out and live with her grandma (or anyone else) without her parents' permission - they can report her as a runaway and get her brought back.

However, if child protective services get involved, they can try to help, either by working with her family to get them to stop the abuse or finding her somewhere safe to live if that doesn't work.

I know it's a big step, but it sounds like some pretty major physical abuse is going on here. Do you have a family member or teacher you could talk to about this?

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracy6789
Neophyte
Member # 30735

The thing is, I knoiw her mom is abusing her. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT!!!! But yesterday I saw her and she said her moms the bomb.
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

i have seen your reply about your teacher

its so unfortuante that someone could not follow this up for you, is there another teacher you could talk to? or perhaps the school nurse?

love stace xxx

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.