Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Please Help Me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help Me
Pooh Bear
Neophyte
Member # 5734

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pooh Bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this is the section I should be in but it sounded appropriate.
My boyfriend of 2months is beginning to act weird. He's beginning to get really 'protective'. I have a lot of guy friends and he doesn't like me talking to them. And last night he told me he loved me, but a few minutes later started yelling at me because I went to the movies without him. Then he grabbed my arm and told me I didn't love him enough.
I'm not sure what to do. I love him dearly but I don't want to end up fearing that he finds out I'm talking to my friends. I'm just kinda worried that he may start to...well abuse me.
I could use any help availiable. Please.

Posts: 3 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im really sorry to hear about this.

Dont let it go on if you suspect he is going to start abusing you. You dont need to be the victim of abuse. My advice if he starts abusing you, leave asap!

As for the friend thing, my bf dont like it when I talk to other guys, as well I dont like it if he talks to other girls. He is protective of me, but not to the point where he will hurt me.

If you feel like you need help with your relationship go to an adult or someone you trust. Tell them what is going on, they will be able to help you.

Hope things get better!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me like he already is abusing you, emotionally, and it had the potential to escalate to physically.

You may love him, but you have to ask yourself if this is the best relationship for you. If your boyfriend can't even trust you, you have to talk to him about it. Don't let his jealousy go to far, especially when there isn't a reason for it.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 4 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is definitely a problem. You have every right to go out with your friends or alone if you wish. He has no right to dictate the way you run your life, the same way you may not run his. If either of you have a problem, and obviously you do, you need to sit down together and talk it out - yelling and grabbing solve nothing and make for a very bad situation.

It also seems ridiculous to me that he doesn't want to you to talk to your male friends. I too have many male friends, some of whom I'm very affectionate towards, and my partner has never had a problem with that nor discouraged me from spending time with them. He can understand that I am capable of simply being friends with others, as can most people. Something that may help him deal with your friends is introducing him to them. The familiar is a lot less intimidating than the unknown.

If no solution can be reached or abuse of any form occurs (and it sounds like it's on its way if not already knocking on the door) get out of the situation immediately.

Bottom line: do not stay with people who cause you harm.

Check out Advice from an Abuse Survivor

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 01-03-2002).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie03
Activist
Member # 3542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION IMEDIATELY!
I ignored those warning signs and I ended up where I couldn't get out.. nothing has ever hurt so much. One day I will post my story.. one day..

Posts: 41 | From: Michigan,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.