Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Raped and abused ... by a family member

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raped and abused ... by a family member
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 9 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before you read this please realise that the only reason why I have put this on here is to show my abuser that i am not weak and I can fight back... there is also another reason ... to plead for other victims to step forward ... scary I know ... but it is not right for anyone to hurt u in any manner you find wrong and you are not alone ... I am not attention seeking, if i did'nt think it is important I would not tell it ... I changed the names so that people around me can keep their anonamity... here goes...

I was born in 1989 to a happy loving family, mom and dad was always there ... so I never came from a 'broken family'. Life was always happy and fun as I remember it till I became 8 years old. 8 years old in 'his eyes' of age. Every weekend mom would take me, Karen(sister, then 6... ) and Darren(brother, then 17) to see him without fail and we would be left with him , afterall he was my grandad... how could he not be trusted? mom saw no reason not to. so, sure enough, we were left there for him to baby sit us.

About 15 minutes after mom leaving us alone we were allowed to play outside in the garden as it was summer at the time. I was told I had done something wrong yet to this day I still dont know what I did. In any case I was sent indoors and was told to sit on the sofa. Alone. He sat next to me. He told me that I had to 'put my hand' somewhere. Of course somewhere was inside his trousers. I guess even now I know I tried unconciously to block it out. but was I too young to realise what was happening?

Afterwards he told me that my punishment was over and this was a 'secret' I should not tell mommy otherwise she would be mad at what I had done to him and that I would put shame on my family. Numb to what had happened I was allowed to go back into the garden and play with my brother and sister. Nevertheless mom collected us and 'HE' was playing it cool and nevertheless I did not tell my mom... and it some ways I blame myself for not telling someone.

Although I do not know the exact period of time I believe it was about 4-5 months passed after my first 'experiance' I was babysat by him again... with my sister, and again we were in the livingroom and I was told I had been a very bad girl and I had to go into the Kitchen and await my punishment. I was made to perform oral sex on him, masturbate him and he touched me underneath my knickers. I began to put up a barrier to it, I became numb to the surroundings and I let him do it and then was told again mommy was not to know, if I did tell mommy she'd be angry and that he'd hurt me if I did.

This continued on and off for about a year I was 9 then untill I screamed out and he covered my mouth. I was told that I had done terrible things and he pulled my clothes off me and I don't know how because I was wriggling and he must have put considerable weight on me. He pushed me against the kitchen cabinets and raped me. I wonder still why mom never noticed the abuse as I sustained bruises all over my body because of how violent he was. Again when mom picked me up he told me he'd kill me if i told mommy. Scared to death I told no-one, keeping up the happy go lucky child I was on the outside ... yet inside I suffered.

Throughout the next 2 years this occurred quite regularly, I was raped to the best of my knowledge 14 times until at 11 I begged mom not to take me anymore and after begging constantly she finally believed me... freedom at last?! Now I am 18 and I have only just told mom about the experiences ... It stayed in my own mind ... and figment of my memories... something I hoped would go away. Until recently my Flashback have been coming back regularly and I still don't know how to deal with it. But one thing I knew is I had to tell the Police. So two days before my 16th birthday we reported it, only to find there are other members in my family he abused but not as bad as me. Learning to live. I often get suicidal thoughts and have tried to kill myself a few times. What happened to him? Well I am still going through the courts for justice and he has been charged for four counts... so I have to goto court and give evidence... I am scared stiff.

all my love, <3 keekee x

... they say peodophilia is an illness... I cant help fix my grandad - so is it really an illness? All i know is this ... i have got to move on with my own life and at least I can sit here and type knowing that at the very least - justice or no justice - i tried ... and i have one amazing family unit who is always there for me through thick and thin and even if he was my grandad - i live without him ... and function fine ... BUT one lesson i learnt is never to trust ur family entirely... cos even if they are family they can do terrible things

[ 05-19-2006, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: keekee ]

--------------------
Yes, know thyself: in great concerns or small, Be this thy care, for this, my friend, is all. - Juvenal

Abuse can and will only survive and thrive if silence is kept. So lets speak out?!

Posts: 83 | From: Dagenham, Essex UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwaihir
Activist
Member # 27276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gwaihir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, sexual (and other abuse) by family members is not uncommon. It just makes me sick how those people manipulate and take advantage of children, and what can the children do? Of course they'll listen listen to and obey that family member because they're the ones that are supposed to be PROTECTING and nurturing the children, and they just take advantage of that to acheive their own sick pleasure. I don't know if pedophelia is an illness. . I don't know that much about it at all. I would like to, though, to be able to understand it. I don't know if there are any studies done on it or anything to give an answer why, but I think if we start learning more about it we might figure out how to solve this problem.
In any case, BIG big hugs to you, Keekee, and I'm glad you were able to report him. I hope the whole court situation is not too hard for you, that it goes well, and that he gets the punishment he deserves.
In the meantime, are you getting counseling for your trauma? I'm not one of the administrators here, so I don't have links to resources, but I do know that all rape and abuse victims need some form of counseling to help them process and heal from what happened to them.
Best of luck!

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pedophilia -- and this may sound obvious or trite -- is a philia. In other words, it is a sexual desire, one which is defined by sexual arousal of pre-pubescents. Like any sexual desire, it is not an action unless the person with the desire makes it one.

Some pedophiles abuse/assault children, but most people who sexually abuse and assault children are NOT pedophiles. (A lot of pedophiles are essentially disgusted/turned off by the idea of adult sexual activity, which is usually part of why they are attracted to children. Suffice it to say, it's a complicated matter, and one which is laregly academic, but it's not technically considered an illness.)

I don't know whether or not your grandfather is a pedophile: from what you're saying, it's actually not likely. But he is a rapist, and he is an abuser. That much is both clear and obvious.

Very few people sexually abused as children report: it's incredibly brave that you did, and I do hope you give yourself props for that. As you've already discovered, it can make a big difference in both protecting others, and helping others who have been abused to come to terms with their abuse.

Do you have someone appointed to you by the courts to be your advocate/support? If not, do ask about that. It can make the process a lot less scary.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been given someone to show me around the court by Nspcc, i cant get councelling until the court case is over and it effects me ... I get so upset i cry myself to sleep becuase i cant talk to anyone... and if i get councelling now the courts can and will say that im being fed information by the councellors etc ... which is stupid. while the courts are trying to say im a lier my mental health gets worse because im dealing with it all alone... i tried to get councelling because i need to stop self-harming myself for my b/f and my family , not to menshun me.
Its still wrong

--------------------
Yes, know thyself: in great concerns or small, Be this thy care, for this, my friend, is all. - Juvenal

Abuse can and will only survive and thrive if silence is kept. So lets speak out?!

Posts: 83 | From: Dagenham, Essex UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To my understanding, it is a violation of your legal and human rights to deny you counseling.

Yes, the courts may SAY that, but it's your lawyer's job to defend your right to have the therapy you need, and also to make clear that your therapy is NOT influencing you.

So, you may want to talk to both protective services and your lawyer about that.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand Mizz scarlet. I will have to go and ask the police officer, of whom is dealing with my case. Problem was that If mam knew that i was talking to a stranger rather then talking to her she'd be extremely hurt. However my mam is at work all the time and from a young age we had to learn how to cater for ourselves. So now I cook, clean and do everything. I realise that mams jsut bust but she has no time for me and my brother and sister. I am a daddys girl, always have been but i cant talk to him about me thoughts, feelings and girl stuff.
So its pretty difficult.
love
keeke
xxxxe

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

You're a minor, so I'm not sure how your mother wouldn't know about the entirety of your case and who you're talking to, as she'd need to be notified about most of it.

As well, it's your lawyer you'd talk to about this, not the police, if it's your lawyer/advocate telling you you cannot have any counseling.

(I am out of town, for the record, so not checking the boards more than once a day.)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

In the UK if your 16 your are old enough to leave school and live alone ... therefore not a minor. a minor is considered under 16, I am 17 in two months. And over 16 you have the right for your mum not to be told if u so wish.
love
keekee
xx

--------------------

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the UK system is very different from the US, so you won't necessarily have a lawyer of your own or the right to confer with the prosecution lawyer.

Can you talk to your supporter from the NSPCC? Do you have a social worker?

I'm afraid that in the UK, this is a recurrent problem -young abuse survivors do often get denied therapy until the case is over, to prevent the defence saying that the therapist "led" them.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Logic_grr,
I dont see the lady from NSPCC till the day before court in which they show me around and prepare me for what will happen in court. Really the only people I can talk to about it is the police. It is very upsetting that I cant get the help i really want because of the judicial system atm in the UK. It truely is terrible [Frown]

*** edited part:*

I phoned up the local centre called connexions for people aged 16-21 and I found a support group for me ... but it is 30miles by car and 3 hours away by train [Frown] . So I dont know whether to trek the 3 hours or stay and use the support here more?

love
keekee
xxx

[ 05-24-2006, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: keekee ]

--------------------

keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

And has anyone here been to a support group in the UK or anywhere else in the world? What is it like? Do they judge you? Will i be blamed for what happened to me ?
keekee

--------------------

Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I want to say that I wish I could hug you!! Having been abused by a family member myself, I couldn't even bring myself to read this post in one go. I'm almost crying. Like me, you were abused several times by the same close family member, and I understand your pain... I find it interesting that you want to clear up that you're not attention seaking. This is typical with me. I'm scared to death that someone will tell me that I'm being a drama queen. There are so many behaviour patterns that repeat themselves... with this one in particular, don't worry. No one here is going to tell you you're attention seeking. Someone looking for support to get over something this traumatic is not an attention seeker. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either a biggot or knows nothing about this kind of situation and shouldn't dare speak to you about it. Slap them for me if they do [Mad]

I haven't been to a support group, only therapy. But honestly, if ANYONE tells you that you're to blame for your grandfather being a sicko, that person has their brain either up in the clouds or it's none existant. Please don't blame yourself [Frown] . I understand how you feel though...sometimes I feel like harming myself for what happened, even though I know I didn't cause it. But we have to think that this won't take us anywhere. Do you actually feel better when you harm yourself? I know I felt ok for the time being, but then I ended up feeling worse. Often I tell my boyfriend "one more time, please, just once" and he answers "you know it won't just be once; and he's not worth you doing that to yourself". He's right.

It's terrible that you can't get therapy just yet, but for now, what I suggest is that you use these boards more, and you tell someone else. Perhaps you can talk to the other family members that were abused by him? It helps to talk about it. If you hold it in, and at least this is my experience, you'll just get more flashbacks.

As for your mother resenting you not talking to her? When she gets back home from work, I think it would be worth while to sit down with her and tell her "mum, I love you and I would love to talk to you, but I think that I could also gain a lot from professional help". She sounds like a very understanding mother; she's bound to support you. You having a therapist doesn't mean that you can't talk to her about it. In my experience, it was difficult with my mother because I told her about this when I was 13, and she said to never bring it up again. She even told my school psychologist, who I had told the problem to, that it really hadn't happened. You can imagine the resentment I had towards her. My mother was my dad's co-dependant, and she often covered up for his actions. She had, and still has but to a lesser extent, a weak personality. In adition, she loved my dad, and to think of him doing that to me was unthinkable. Your mother might not have wanted to see the reality for the same reason. This is in no way an excuse; I'm just trying to shed some light on it. Talk to her about it, ask her if she ever suspected anything, let it all out before it builds up and you end up resenting her, because it's the last thing you need on your plate right now.

It is so sad to see that you're my age, that we were both abused by people who were supposed to help us grow, and as Gwaihir said, we were afraid to contradict because we're told all our lives that we must respect our family, especially the older members of it. I have a friend who had a similar case with her grandfather, and she spoke up because she has a little sister who she wants to protect. When she did, she realized he had done the same to a cousin and an aunt. Now, we have learnt the same lesson; people gain your trust and respect. No one should have it automatically.

We differ in one great aspect; you are VERY brave, and are doing something about it to see that justice is served. Me? I've kept quiet, at least when it comes to facing him about it. I think, well, I'm an only child, I don't have anyone to protect. Though it continued non-physically until... well, I suppose it really hasn't stopped, if you want to consider how my dad stares at me when I see him. But at least the physical part stopped when I was 14 or so. I suppose I think that it wouldn't make much sense to upset absolutely everyone about it, especially because at the time it was happening most seriously, my dad was under the influence of 3 drugs, and most likely won't remember doing it. Plus, in this country, the legal system is both corrupt and tedious. It could take up to 5 years to get the case over with. I suppose, in that sense, I'm weak and just figure I don't want to cause anyone anymore grief. You are so much stronger than me, and don't ever forget to admire yourself because of that.

[ 05-24-2006, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Nailo ]

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Heya sweety (nailo),

First I would like to say how much I admire you for telling me your story, although I think it is a crying shame that your mother did'nt believe her daughter enough to help you get the help you needed. I think you are so strong to watch him still living around you and you having the strength to say you know it happened to me and i wont let it rule my life.

quote:
We differ in one great aspect; you are VERY brave, and are doing something about it to see that justice is served. Me? I've kept quiet, at least when it comes to facing him about it. I think, well, I'm an only child,
You know hunny we are no different YOU are immensly brave!!! BUt i have to pick this up... you said you are a child ... guess what children have rights and power same as adults do. We are just taught not to stand up for those rights. To lay down and ' respect ' our leader, parents and guardians. Looking back I could not live around my grandfather ... but you can live around your abuser and keep it quite. But let me tell you something hunny and this is what my best friend told me

quote:
Abusers only thrive and live to absue if the silence is kept
and i firmly believe that. Dont get me wrong you have your reasons .. but is'nt he still emotionally abusing you?? Why do you let him hun? Sitting her I think you are one amazing young lady who gave me strength when I read your post and for that I am truely thankfull.

quote:
Do you actually feel better when you harm yourself? I know I felt ok for the time being, but then I ended up feeling worse. Often I tell my boyfriend "one more time, please, just once" and he answers "you know it won't just be once; and he's not worth you doing that to yourself". He's right.
When I self harm I dont feel better afterwards. During that period it feels like a release adrenline of being upset I guess. Afterwards though i feel dirty and wrong. I think in my own way reliving how i felt after I was raped. Please remember though your boyfriend is right it don't help. I havent met you but i believe you are a wonderful person.

quote:
suppose, in that sense, I'm weak and just figure I don't want to cause anyone anymore grief. You are so much stronger than me, and don't ever forget to admire yourself because of that.
You aren't weak sweety, you have to live it everyday. All i am is free. For that I contradict you! I will admire me if you admire you! so much amazing qualities in you!

my love always, thankyou so much!
keekee
xxx

--------------------

Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh gosh, now I AM crying. I'm so happy I could help.

When I said I'm an only child ,I meant that I don't have siblings to protect. I know that if I did sue my dad, I would probably win the case, but it'll take years and years because this country is SO slow. Why do I let him? Well, luckily, I'm not made to see him anymore. We don't really communicate, and that's really the only thing i can do. Thank God, I don't live with him anymore. I suppose I haven't gone to court because I don't see any sense in it. What can I gain? Money? I don't want his money, really. Him going to prison? Could be, but the maximum he could get in this country would be a couple of years and that's it, and in the jail he would probably go back to using cocaine and stuff and I dare say he'd be more of a threat in that condition, because he'd be out in no time and worse since there's no programs to help convicts psychologically when they leave prison here. And like i said, he probably doesn't remember anything because he was most likely drunk and high when it happened. If I had anyone I'd need to protect, I'd speak up. But since I don't, I just keep my distance and hope never to have to see him again in my life.

Keep me posted as to how the trial and everything goes [Smile] . Love to you and your mother, and thank you for saying such nice things about me!

P.S: what IS a cornetto? O_O

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Nailo,
you welcome because its true!!! Your question about cornettos made me laught though because i naturally assumed you had them ...
welll ... cornettos.... are ice creamy things [Razz] and the qsilly quote : give me cornetto
or there was one recently on adn a TV advert saying 'give me cornetto or you'll get a spank' LOL anyways here advertise ment shows a picture of a cornetto on ... http://www.indulgenceicecream.co.uk/softmachines.htm

LOL i just love the adverts!!!!!!!!!

Anyways sweety I will definatly keep you posted, and remember you are wonderful!
keekee
xx

--------------------

keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

hope you okay nailo xxx

--------------------

Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Thanks for asking [Smile] I'm hanging in there. I just burst into tears sometimes because things just build up with everything; sometimes I feel lonely, frustrated, hateful... I've got to keep myself busy, do things for others so I can remember I'm not worthless. Not just because of my dad, but because of my mom, the people who used to be my friends and backstabbed me, the people who make me feel invisible at school... but I'll be fine. I just need some reassurance every once in a while, that's all.

Thanks for showing me the cornettos XD We do have Wals here, but I don't recall seeing those. Or maybe I'm just clueless [Razz] as usual. My boyfriend really likes Magnums, by the same company. Don't know if they have them in England, or if that's just the name here in Latin America.

Oh! Since you're in England, I was going to ask, did you take the GCSEs? I go to a british school, so I took the math one last year (I'm in additional math) and I'll take my Mocks for everything else in July. What did you think of them? My classmates are really freaked out, but I'm pretty calm about them. Probably the only ones I'll really study for is science and math (because it's additional...).

Hope you're ok as well [Smile] Thank you so much for the concern.

--------------------

keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Hey Nailo,

Where to start... Well, yes we do have magnums in the UK. They are nice. Secondly, I would like to say that you are never lonely. Never ever lonely, there are so many good people in the world, including lots of support here to help you. Not to mention, I am here for you to talk anytime. ( which reminds me i am soon to get a laptop ... which means I can access the internet anywhere [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] !!! yeys). I was going to private message you but they dont seem to work to you.

As for GCSEs, yes i did sit my GCSES about a year and a half ago. I sat GCSE History, Geography, English Literature, English language, Science Biology/chemistry combined, Science Phsyics, ICT, Mathematics and Music. The hardest for me was Music and English Literature because in English you ned to remember details of the texts intimately (very difficult for me as my memory is bad).

If you have revised hard and clued yourself up about the subjects you are studying, the exams area breeze. Some of my exams went brilliantly like they were tailored exactly to what we learnt. Just be positive, DONT panic and make sure you are spending 2 hours of revision per 10-20 minute breaks. YOU must break in between studying, REMEMBER brains can overheat just like machinary! I should like to mention that going through what you are and exams can bring unbelieveable stress and strain on your emotions, mental and phsyical body. So don't forget to continue with you enjoy like maybe horse riding, excercise is good!!. Anything really that releases stress. Reading books can cause more strain to the brain ... so me as a person would'nt recommend.

Anywho yes I did goto a british school and as from next week i am leaving my college ( so much emotion : *crys*). I cant believe im leaving!As for yuour father huny and your mother, please remember that it was never ever your fault and that in yourself you are wonderful!!!!!!!

here for you always,
love
keekee
xxxxxxxxx

--------------------

Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Thanks for the tips [Smile] School work has never really been a big issue for me, so I don't really panic (only in math now... that's the price for being good at it and having been put into accelerated...). Just curious to see how someone in the UK felt about them. I've heard they're a lot less to worry about than what teachers make them out to be ^^;.

As for the private messages? They don't just work for me, they're dissabled [Frown] . It's too bad for people like you who have good intentions, but it's understandable; it's to protect people from predators. There's a thread about it on one of the boards, if you'd like to read. If you want to talk to me, I suppose (I hope?) it wouldn't be a problem to keep writing here or to put up a thread in village people (as long as you don't mind other people looking in).

Talk to you later [Smile]

--------------------

keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Hey Nailo ,
Thats cool I fully understand the issue of PMs being disabled, IU just wanted to chat =) anyways I think if we are only chatting I should make ourselves our own chat thread in Village people?

Anyways its okay to say that the GCSEs arent to worry about but my sister took her GCSEs when I took mine, compared to me, she was a living wreck with stress. It really does depend on how you see it and how stress effect you, as a person. Im glad the exams does'nt worry you. Thats a good thing.

Whats new with you sweety? Whats going on in your world? Me? Im really nervous - i can't sleep! have a full time job interview at 2pm today ... OMG i'm petrified.

Oh for everyones information ... the NSPCC in the UK has saved Childline and is now merged as Childline@nspcc. They have launched a new campaign.... www.donthideit.com
if youy need help and your under 18 you can use childline to help you ... [Big Grin]

(bye nailo <333)
lots of love
keekee
xxx

--------------------

wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just a side note, but you are both more than welcome to make a chat thread in Village People if you would like! [Smile] )

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Thankyou wobblyheadedjane <333

--------------------

coolkidxx
Neophyte
Member # 29574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolkidxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by keekee:
In the UK if your 16 your are old enough to leave school and live alone ... therefore not a minor. a minor is considered under 16, I am 17 in two months. And over 16 you have the right for your mum not to be told if u so wish.
love
keekee
xx

I know this post is very old.But she's correct.In the United States,at the time when your 17,or about a month or two away from being 17,you will be tried in an Adult Court.Even if she's still 16 when they have the verdict reached etc etc, she'll still most likely be in the Adult Court.There's no escaping that.But good luck keekee,my heart goes out to you!
xoxox

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the United States,at the time when your 17,or about a month or two away from being 17,you will be tried in an Adult Court.Even if she's still 16 when they have the verdict reached etc etc, she'll still most likely be in the Adult Court.There's no escaping that.

Since keekee is not the one being tried, her age has no relevance to where the case is heard.

Her abuser is the one being tried, and he will obviously be tried as an adult (since he is one).

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolkidxx
Neophyte
Member # 29574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolkidxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either way,she'll still be present in the court room,and technically it's still half of her case.It involves her.
(sorry to seem rude,period and the rain don't mix well with me)

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

heya ! know that feeling coolkid hun ...
i have a urine infection ..... i was sick so pill did'nt work and my period came back with vengence all at once!!!!
so sorry if i dont reply it because im really not well xxx

Allysa
Activist
Member # 29972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Keekee,

I'm new here and have also included my story in the support group room called Help Me.

I admire your courage so much, I also was abused by a family member, well more than one and I know how it can leave you feeling.

Unlike you I lack courage in standing up for myself as I feel I have been hurt one two many times and I honestly don't feel strong enough to do anything about it.

Thank you for sharing your story

--------------------
Ally

Posts: 289 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
No meaning to be a copycat,but I also admire your
courage.I wish I was as brave as you.

Thank you for you story.

Cynthia

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.