Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Our Archives » Frequently Asked Questions » Why didn't first time sex hurt or cause bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why didn't first time sex hurt or cause bleeding?
SmoCho2000
Neophyte
Member # 5382

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SmoCho2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heya!

Anyways, me and my girl had sex for the first time a little while back and i thought that on the first time, girls had a *painful experience* when their hymens r broken...
but my gf didnt get that. I was definitely her first partner, and she hadnt broken it herself or anything like that (i dont know if thats actually possible, but, being male, my experience in this field is...limited :)

I was just wundring if this is 'ok'. Im not worried about it - and i've also heard that the hymen can deteriorate naturally without being broken in anyway - and wanted to get some feedback here.

cheers, Smo!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some girls find their first time painful while other girls don't. Just like some have their hymen while others don't.

As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) but girls are able to break their own hymens. Wheather if it's because they're active (not sexually), tampon use, masturbation or other things. Sometimes a girls can be born without them. So yes I'm pretty sure everything is 'ok'.

For more information on this subject you can vist http://www.scarleteen.com/body/female_anatomy_4.html

------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, BuffChick, you're correct. Glad that you and your partner's first time wasn't painful, SmoCho, and keep practicing safer sex!

------------------
Ash
Scarleteen Advocate

"If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
--Goethe

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen!

As you've obviously found the boards, how about checking out some of the great articles we have here? They include all sorts of information, including exactly what you're looking for:

Pink Parts

By the time you get done reading it, you may know more about your girlfriends nether regions than she does! (No harm in telling her where you got the info, though...)

And since you two have recently started having intercourse, here are some other articles you may find helpful:

Safe, Sound, and Sexy
Sexual Response and Orgasm
Ready or Not?

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.