Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Our Archives » Frequently Asked Questions » Am I??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I??
luvlylilangel
Neophyte
Member # 4788

Icon 5 posted      Profile for luvlylilangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's this girl at school who's openly gay. She's the more masculine type. I never really even thought about her until she IM'ed me online one night (she was just looking at random profiles), we talked for awhile and we had alot in commn and she was really cool.Ever since then I always look for her in the halls, and I think about kissing her all the time. I've kind of thought about if I was bi or gay before but never really thought I was. I'm totally open to the fact that I could be. I've off and on noticed atractive girls before.But I just know I'm attracted to guys too. Do you think it' a phase? Should I experiment with her maybe(just kissing)just to see if I enjoy it? I'm confused. Please help!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! Okay now, where to start. Because my psychic powers crashed this morning (I called the tech guy and he said he'd have them up again as soon as he could) I can't tell you if you're gay or bi or straight or somewhere inbetween.

I suggest you check out the article The Bees and...the Bees, a great place to learn more about being gay or bi or even straight. This is where labels get confusing, and remember--they're only that; labels.

Typically though, if someone is primarily attracted to the same gender they would be gay. If equally (though not necessarily at the same time) attracted to both sexes they would be considered bisexual. So it boils down to what inside you, whom you are most attracted to. this is all covered in the article though, so head on over.

About the experimenting thing--only do what you're comfortable with and experiment safely.

------------------
I am not who I appear to be.

Gaffer--from under the moon backstage

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 11-28-2001).]

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry.

Do not, I repeat, do not worry over your sexuality. If you like girls, guess what - you like girls! If you like boys, guess what - you like boys! And if yu like both, guess what - well done. (You've done this before, haven't you?)

If you're attracted to the girl, and she's attracted to you, go for it mate.

Good hunting.

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, jazzpenguin nailed it. I'd also like caution you to be careful with any experiments you may try; it's not really fair to involve someone in a relationship unless they know that you aren't 100% certain on your feelings. Just let everyone involved know what's going on and fewer feelings will be hurt. Good luck and like jazz said, don't worry.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.