Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » Puffy Chest Area In Male.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Puffy Chest Area In Male.
Cool_kid02
Neophyte
Member # 2090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cool_kid02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Hi

I'm a guy and haven't exactly got broad shoulders or the masculine chest area that I'm supposed to. I wonder if there's any way to build that up. My nipple area also seems to be puffy or has slightly more tissue than males are supposed to have. It's kind of embarrassing and was wondering if there's a way to treat that without anything surgical. Is there ways also to build up the shoulders?

Posts: 8 | From: Toronto, Ont., Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not every man is going to be built the same way, just like not every woman is. And very few men OR women are going to look exactly like what the images we see in movies and TV and magazines make us think we're "supposed to." That's just normal human variation. Take a look around you, and you will see that some guys have broad shoulders, some guys have narrow shoulders, some guys have barrel chests, some guys just don't.

What you're really "supposed to" look like is YOU. Look at your dad and his brothers (if any), and at their dad, and your mom's dad and your mom's brothers (if she has any). That's going to give you a much more realistic idea about what your body is really "supposed to" look like, in terms of what your genetics will tell it to look like.

That said, yes, to a certain extent, you can bulk up your shoulders and arms and chest through exercise, such as weight lifting. It can't make a guy who's built like a beanpole into Arnold Schwarzenneger, though. Nothing can. Beanpoles are gonna be beanpoles -- they might be slightly thicker or more muscly versions, but they're still going to be beanpoles, no matter how much they exercise. So exercise and enjoy it, but don't expect it to completely rearrange your anatomy!

As for puffiness around your nipples, that's completely normal for men and women alike. It can change somewhat as your amount of body fat changes, because the breasts in both men and women are places where fat is very easily and naturally stored (women's breasts are primarily made up of fat, in fact). But it's very normal. Unless you're having pain, it's nothing to see a doctor about, and nothing that any doctor can treat.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.