Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » a certain number in oral sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a certain number in oral sex
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
69 is it really worth it?
my man and i have tried it a couple of times but its hard to concentrate on what your doing. either he gets all into it and forgets about me or vice versa.
so should 69 be left out of the oral scene.
i say screw 69 and just stick to good ol'sex. (well, when it comes to pleasing each other at the same time).

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i say screw 69 and just stick to good ol'sex.
I think you mean intercourse.

Anyway, if you don't enjoy that, I agree it probably isn't worth the battle.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ryanluver
Neophyte
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ryanluver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what does 69 mean?
Posts: 33 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
69 is the position when both partners are giving oral sex at the same time. The numbers are suppose to represent the people, the loops in the numbers are like their heads. That make sense? If anyone can describe it better feel free.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on Mophead.
I thought no one was going to reply to my message, but you guys kept it cool, so thanks.

PEACE and HARMONY and HAPPINESS
FOR ALL!

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
69s can be awesome, if you learn to control yourselves! It usually takes a lot of practice before you get the nack of it.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for all of you.

This thread is a great example (as are all of you posting in it) of how to answer a pretty delicate question thoroughly, but with tact and clear language.

Brava!

(Etch, you rock. You've been answering like this all over the place, and it is truly appreciated.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wear*a*smile!
Activist
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wear*a*smile!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a 69 is mutual oral sex. get it?69? see how a 6 and 9 can be turned into eachother upside down?? confusing?yes.
Posts: 139 | From: San Ramon, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildChica
Activist
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 69 representing the people's heads or genitals is actually a myth. In a sexual positions book that came out awhile back, the position of a couple performing oral sex on each other at the same was the ordered number.
Posts: 87 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a few things on this:

a) I'm not being oppositional, just seeing this another way - I always thought that in 69 the loops at the top and bottom were supposed to represent...er...holes...

b) yes, it's AWFULLY hard to concentrate, but if you and your partner have good rapport and possibly a sense of humor it can be worth it

and c) HotGrrl, that sounds like ANOTHER myth to me...I do know that in Aleister Crowley's _Book of Lies_ chapter 69 describes sexual practices and that that's not a coincidence...and that was *quite* a long time ago I think turn of the century ish...but that' just ANOTHER theory...

I'd love to know the origin of the slang/symbol.

~lemming

------------------
"Two little girls, growing out of their training bras/This little girl breaks furniture, this little girl breaks laws/Two girls together, each a little less alone..." ~Ani DiFranco, "Two Little Girls"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vyze
Neophyte
Member # 658

Icon 6 posted      Profile for vyze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it is definatly worth it!
Both people get their satisfaction, and are able to avoid the risk of pregnancy!
This, also works in the GBLT community too!
It is the best of one.. two.. three.. ALL WORLDS!!!

-matt-

Posts: 3 | From: Cape Cod, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.