Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » The Rhythm of Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Rhythm of Sex
fantabulous_femme
Neophyte
Member # 465

Icon 5 posted      Profile for fantabulous_femme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Don't think I'm dumb or anything, I just want to know....during sex, when the guy starts going up and down, do you go with him, go the opposite way, or just lay there or what? I'm a bit confused on that so please let me know! Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetypie
Neophyte
Member # 449

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sweetypie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It usually depends on what u like i guess... i usually go opposite to him...in that way i get more excited but it really depends to u...

------------------
***There's always light at the end of the tunnel, just make sure to reach the end***

Posts: 3 | From: panama | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it really depends on your mood too. Sometimes when I am having sex, I don't think I have good rhythm but I still get him off and everything else like that. How can you get the rhythm right?? Does it come with practice like other stuff??? Because when we were having sex this morning, I found out something that I could od that I didn't know before...!!! And I was really proud with myself.. I guess it all come with experimentation??

------------------
~*~Katrina~*~

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEZgirl
Activist
Member # 394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEZgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well since i'm always on top i really don't have a good answer for this one....but my boyfriend always moves opposite of what i do so we get contact you know? and so that we are both coming together at the same time. But go the opposite way it will feel better....well it may be different with different people. That's just my opinion.

------------------
"I'll never forget how much you hurt by leaving, or maybe how much i hurt myself fot staying"

Posts: 43 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantabulous_femme
Neophyte
Member # 465

Icon 11 posted      Profile for fantabulous_femme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Thanks so much for your help so far! I do have a few more questions though. I've never had sex before, but me and my boyfriend are talking about it, waiting until we are 100% ready. I'll be on bottom since it's my first time, but won't it be hard to move like that? I mean, I don't know since I've never done it before so let me know! Also, what if I freak and don't do anything but lay there? Would that be a turn-off or a problem or something? I know I probably sound so dumb, but I need to know this!! Thanks again!! Oh, btw, is it just as pleasurable if you move the same way???? Please answer me soon!!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It usually IS better if both parties participate which I found out this morning. But sometimes I lay there because my moaning just helps him move better and it makes the sex better. I think moving symmetrically takes away from the feeling. I think the first time you do it, don't worry about whether or not its going to be good because you will probably just be concentrating on that sentimental moment and the surroundings to worry abotu it too much..... Worry about that part later!!

------------------
~*~Katrina~*~

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, when we are doing it doggie, I always find myself pushing back when he rams it in forward, and going forward when he slides it back out.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantabulous_femme
Neophyte
Member # 465

Icon 12 posted      Profile for fantabulous_femme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much you all!! I feel so much better now that I've got that part of it cleared up! Thanks again! If you have any other advice, keep posting and I'll keep reading!
SeeMeSwim
Neophyte
Member # 509

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SeeMeSwim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that I have noticed is that when you are on the bottom it is a lot harder to move.. due to the weight on top of you. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. You and your bf will both get pleasure either way. Also, talk to him about what he likes, be verbal so that he knows what feels good. Everyone likes it a different way. He will appreciate the verbal cues too especially if he is also a virgin... he probably feels a little bit lost as well.

------------------
Never Give Up... Someone will always care

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.