Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » gonorreah

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gonorreah
QTPye
Neophyte
Member # 341

Icon 5 posted      Profile for QTPye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

my bestfriend Ally keeps asking me for advice and I don't know what to tell her. her boyfriend called her crying the other day and told her he'd cheated on her. he let another girl give him a blow job and she gave him gonorreah. he didn't know he had it at the time and then had sex with Ally. she's scared to DEATH to tell her mother she needs to be checked for gonorreah.what will happen if she waits like weeks to go to the doctor. can anyone help me to give her advice??

Posts: 12 | From: michigan | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is that it would be a good idea for her to visit the doc sooner, rather than later. There is probably a confidential clinic in your area where she can get tested.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Necka11
Activist
Member # 467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Necka11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with mop...there are probably after hour clinics where u guys live that she can go to, and they won't tell her parents. She should go soon though, why would she wait a week?
Posts: 47 | From: Ontario Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go right away! That stuff can mess up your insides!!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She should go right now. Telling her mother isn't going to be half as scary as an untreated case of gonorrhea could be, and the longer she waits to get treated (if she has it) the more at risk for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and other complications she is. In addition, having any one STD makes you more suceptible to catching others than someone free of disease is.
http://www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/stds.html

This aside, it goes without saying that she needs to practice safer sex. We'd all really like to think we or our partners would never cheat, and that is totally understandable. However, literally betting our lives on that doesn't make it any more guaranteed, and puts us at serious risk.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited July 19, 2000).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.