Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » Oh noooooooooooo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh noooooooooooo
sikepo
Neophyte
Member # 574

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sikepo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Abt 1.5 wks ago, my bf and I came very close to having an intercourse. We had oral sex and there were times when his penis rubbed against my vagina (b4 he ejaculated) I'm getting cranky as I have not get my period...which should be around this time. Could I be pregnant?? Is it possible to take a pregnancy test now?
Posts: 2 | From: CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starpoet
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
When you say he "rubbed against my vagina" you mean he penetrated you, correct? There is a chance you are pregnant from the precum.

There is also a chance your period is late simply because of tension and nerves -- worrying about getting pregnant. Try to relax, wait for your period, and for your peace of mind take a pregnancy test in a couple weeks even if your period does come.

Since you didn't use a condom, you need to make an appointment with a gynecologist to check for STDs, however. You could have caught something whether your boyfriend ejaculated or not.

[This message has been edited by starpoet (edited July 21, 2000).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a chance you could be pregnant! If a penis comes near a vagina and there is any precum that drips, it could happen!!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period is late, you can take a test now. But if the occurrence was less than three weeks ago, and you test negative, you should take another test in a few weeks.

And again, pregnancy isn't the only thing to worry about out there. Please remember that.

Posts: 68053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0dd1
Neophyte
Member # 429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0dd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so does that mean that you can take a pregnancy test as early as 3 weeks after intercourse occured and possibly get a accurate result?
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 weeks is pushing the envelope (if I took one then, I'd always retake it a few weeks later if I got a negative result), but it is possible to get an accurate positive then with most tests.
Posts: 68053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0dd1
Neophyte
Member # 429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0dd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any tests you would recommend?
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Really, any of the top shelf (non-generic) brands of pregnancy tests at the drugstore are just fine these days.

But all in all, if it costs less than $12 US, it's probably questionable.

sikepo
Neophyte
Member # 574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sikepo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No...he didn't penetrate me..just around the opening (is it vulva??) How much earlier can a blood test detect one's pregnancy than the usual pregnancy test?

Also, I've noticed that I have the usual discharge (the white stuff) that comes usually before I have my period. Does it still comes during pregnancy? My stomach feels weird throughout the day sometimes...or maybe it was just my imagination?

[This message has been edited by sikepo (edited July 22, 2000).]

Posts: 2 | From: CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Here's how either urine or blood tests work: they detect (or don't) a hormone called HCG, which is produced during pregnancy. NO test can predict that BEFORE about 10 days after you ovulate, or one to two days after conception (not neccessarily sex) happens. So, you generally need to wait until at least three weeks into your LAST menstrual cycle before either test can be accurate.

So, let's say things went like this:
Day 1: your period
Day 5: You have sex or some sexual activity where pregnacy was possible.
Day 10-12: Around that time is usually ovulation, but it depends on your cycle.
Day 20-22: You could get a test done, blood OR urine.

If a test is negative when a pregnancy is strongly suspected, you should repeat it in a week.

Usually, you won't see a change in your cycles or any symptoms in the first month. If you do, those may be nausea, more frequent urination, or a general tiredness or lethargy.

Also, the vulva is the name for your whole genitals: clitoris, labia, vagina, etc. the vagina is the opening and canal inside.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.