Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » Period came 7 days early....!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period came 7 days early....!!!!!
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you guys my period came 7 days early then its supposed to! And im the girl who was worrying about being pregnant cuz when I had anal sex(unprotected), his penis accidently flopped against my vagina for not even a second..this happened a few days ago...anyway, early periods don't mean your pregnant, right? Im freaking out here! thanks
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not a doctor so I can't say anything about *you* for certain, but I can tell you that about once a year I get a period a week or so early. That's suppose to be pretty common to young women who have only begun menstruating a year or two ago (I think) but I've been having my period for over six years and for the last four there's generally one month in there that gets a little off. It can be perfectly normal.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breathe.

In general (though there are exceptions) getting your period is a pretty good way to be sure you are NOT pregnant. Because there are exceptions to this, your best bet is to wait until your next period is due and see if it arrives on time.

A pregnancy test at this point is likely to be inconclusive, so just take a deep breath, go about your business, and for goodness' sake, invest in some condoms if you plan to keep having sex, anal, vaginal, oral, or otherwise. Using a condom every time is the best way to keep from getting STDs as well as a damned good way to keep from getting pregnant.

If your period doesn't arrive next time, go to a doctor and get yourself tested for pregnancy.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it has been almost 3 years(december 15 will be 3 years) since i've had my period, and it still isn't regular! for 2 months this year i got it on the 11th, then the 15th, 20 something, and so on. I skipped in June probably because I was under so much stress with school Finals, so is that probably why I got my period on the 1st of July?? I just got my period yesterday..July 25th..4 days after my bf and i had anal sex...so when do you think I'll get my next period?
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Average menstrual cycles last somewhere around 28-35 days. Yours is obviously erratic, which is pretty common. I would count 35 days from the last day of the period you're having now, and if you don't get another period in that time, go get a pregnancy test to be on the safe side.

I've also had irregular periods all my adult life (when I have not been on medication to regulate them), and yeah, it can make figuring these things out really hard!

Chances are good that you are not pregnant, since you are having a period right now. Getting a period after getting pregnant is pretty rare (but it does happen sometimes, which is why we mention it). But if you go another "cycle-ish" length of time without a period, you might wanna get checked out just to be on the safe side.

Breathe! It'll be okay.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheller,
I reaslly hope you didn't have unprotected anal sex again four days ago, because last week we went through a series of posts with you about the necessity of protection during anal sex.

In other words, to be honest, it's very frustrating to give your time to people who ask for help but the repeatedly act self-destructive. It's just really upsetting, to me, anyway. I think that's valid.

No one right now could possibly predict when you'll get your next period.

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shellerbabe,

I was just like you. For YEARS my period was irregular. I was worried just like you even though at the time I wasnt sexually active. Does your mom know you are sexually active? Does your mom know that your period is irregular? If she knows these things, ask her about the birth control pill. The whole reason why we got it for me in the first place to regulate my period. and it did!! Then 2 years later I became sexually active and now my birth control has another use! Just bring up the issue. And if you are already on Birth control, and you get your period irregular next month, go to the doctor and get his opinion...

Katrina

------------------
Give it all you got.. and if that doesn't work, give it some more!!!

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am NOT sexually active! i have only had anal sex ONCE, so I dont know how I confused you people.
So basically, if I get my next period, I am absolutely fine? Im gonna ask my mom for birth control pills to regulate my periods, but she will probably freak out and yell at me.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheller,
To be sexually active means to currently be involved in sexual activities. When a doctor asks you if you are sexually active, what he/she is asking is if you are involved in sexual activities with partners. It is not a value judgment, it is terminology regularly used to determine what health issues to address with people, for crying out loud.

And no, you are not absolutely fine if you get your next period, because if you have had unprotected anal sex, as several of us said to you in another post, you need to get STD testing. If you get your next period you are most likely not PREGNANT, but that doesn't mean you're fine all around.

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that about my mom too. I thought she was going to flip out. But she was actually very understanding about it. Because she knew what I was going through. When you sit her down to talkto her, ask her to hear you out before she comments. It usually works out better that way without starting any arguments

------------------
Give it all you got.. and if that doesn't work, give it some more!!!

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

cool,what did you tell her? I don't know exactly what to say to my mom..? "mom can we buy me birth control pills to regulate my period?"

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.