Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » paranoid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: paranoid
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jackson1234         Edit/Delete Post 
OK so I was in bed by myself and long story short I ejaculated into a tissue. I then went to bed and about 8 minutes later a family member of mine leaned up against my blanket for at most a second or two. She then used the restroom I'm scared that there might have been precum or maybe a little sperm that I missed with my tissue but I'm pretty sure I got it all. Plus it is a pretty thick blanket. It has 2 layers plus cotton in the center. I don't think there would be any chance that precum or possibly sperm(which I'm pretty sure all the cum went in my tissue but I could have missed a little but I don't think I did) oukd possibly get through it. However I need your help to answer could the person who leaned against it then used the restroom get pregnant?

--------------------
Love life

Posts: 16 | From: tulsa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi jackson,

Can you please give this a read and see if it answers your question? It may help to focus on what things CAN cause pregnancy, and then assume that if you don't see your situation listed, that means it doesn't have a risk:
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackson1234         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I read that and it said fingering can't cause pregnancy and even if the vagina came in contact with precum that it can't cause pregnant. However is there a risk if possibly a little sperm got through the blanket( which again the blanket was thick and I think I got all the cum in my tissue.) And the my family member used the bathroom could that cause pregnant? Or does that fall under fingering? And would it mean there is no risk because there was no direct contact between sperm and vagina?

--------------------
Love life

Posts: 16 | From: tulsa | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Okay so I read that and it said fingering can't cause pregnancy and even if the vagina came in contact with precum that it can't cause pregnant. However is there a risk if possibly a little sperm got through the blanket( which again the blanket was thick and I think I got all the cum in my tissue.) And the my family member used the bathroom could that cause pregnant? Or does that fall under fingering? And would it mean there is no risk because there was no direct contact between sperm and vagina?

--------------------
Love life

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, you're correct that this counts as indirect contact (if that) and therefore poses no risk.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. I also have a completely random question that I was just curious about so should I ask that on here or a new thread?

--------------------
Love life

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either is fine!
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Actually I have a relevant question first. In my situation, how does indirect contact not pose a risk? I believe you when you say no risk but I'm just curious.

--------------------
Love life

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because the process of creating a pregnancy is pretty complex and needs a set of conditions that are absolutely not there in the scenario you're describing. To find out how reproduction does happen and all the things that are needed to create a pregnancy, check this out: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

Fingering is manual sex: someone putting a hand or fingers on or in someone else's genitals. You're not describing any sexual act between you and another person or people, you're just describing someone touching an object that may have had trace amounts of ejaculate on it. There's no way in the world that's ever going to result in pregnancy - it's just not how it happens. If it did happen like that, people with uteruses would have to fear pregnancy from all things, all the time; thankfully, we don't! There's a summary here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/54/t/000223.html of the kinds of things you're asking about.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm are very delicate & need a specific environment to remain viable and able to create a pregnancy. You can read about that here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells? It may also help to read through this article that explains how pregnancy does occur; it'll help you understand why it can't occur other ways: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
[looks like Redskies and I had a mind-meld here!]

[ 04-30-2014, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Molias ]

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Thank you very much! I can put my mind at ease now that I have the facts

--------------------
Love life

jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Oh and my random question I was curious about is how long into pregnancy will a woman start to feel the effects of it? Like tender breasts and bigger belly. Like when would a women realize she is pregnant without a test?

--------------------
Love life

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Hi jackson,

When early symptoms of pregnancy appear, it's usually after a few months (not days or weeks). For some people, the only physical symptom they'll have will be a missed period.

And, the things that are early pregnancy symptoms are generally not treated as the most reliable indicators of pregnancy, both because they can vary so much from person to person, but also because those same symptoms could have other causes (e.g nausea and cramps could be illness rather than pregnancy). That's why we tell people that the only way to know for sure if you're pregnant is to take a pregnancy test.

jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

So by month 2 though would the stomach be getting big? Just curious.

--------------------
Love life

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not even close.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

But would they would understand they were pregnant because of the missed periods?

--------------------
Love life

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. The first sign of a pregnancy is a missed period, followed by confirmation via a positive pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Okay I understand. Thank you!

--------------------
Love life

jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

And periods are monthly correct?

--------------------
Love life

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

I think you might want to give this piece a read. It talks about periods and cycle length in some detail:
On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

It's also good to keep in mind that periods will not always arrive regularly or when expected.

jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Okay I'm sorry but this is my very last question to make sure we on the same page and I'm understanding this. So after three months without a period the girl would realized that she might be pregnant and take a pregnancy test. Is this correct? Again sorry this is my last question.

--------------------
Love life

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people would likely want to investigate three consecutive missing periods. However, there is no way we can make any predictions or blanket statements about the behavior of other people, especially not in this case which is not only hypothetical, but incredibly, incredibly unlikely.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackson1234
Neophyte
Member # 110168

Okay thank you very much for helping me. For my first question about someone touching a blanket you said in a article that sperm cannot be transferred through clothing which a blanket would be even thicker than a clothing item for sperm to get through. Thank you:-)

--------------------
Love life

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.