Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Am I overthinking things?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I overthinking things?
tellak
Neophyte
Member # 109324

Icon 11 posted      Profile for tellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend does not post pictures of him and I on instagram. He does comment my pictures with hearts and stuff, but when I ask him to post a picture of me, he makes an excuse. I had a converstation with him a couple days ago about it and I honestly forgot what he said. But, he says he is not ashamed of me or anything, but he wants to post things when he's ready and we basically said to take things slower. We do hold hands and kiss in public though.

He said he would never cheat on me, he loves me very much and he said he wants to be with me. And all his friends and his brother knows about me (I didn't meet his parents yet, but we plan on it). And his friends know he likes me alot. He posts pictures with his guy best friends and of him and that's it ..Is he just trying to be private by not posting pictures of us online? I was going to ask him about it tomorrow but I don't want to seem petty. He has a whole album of me called "baby <3" on his phone also. Do you think i'm just over thinking things and being petty about this? It just bothers me that he does not even post one picture of us online.

& He wants to spend his future with me.

Posts: 5 | From: washington dc | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The behavior you describe does not sound to me like someone who is ashamed of you. So, I think the best plan is the one you already have, namely, talk to him about it. It may be that you are correct that he is trying to keep things private, or maybe he hasn't given it that much thought. But the way to find out for sure is to talk to him.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.