Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How do I tell my boyfriend I want to get more intimate with him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do I tell my boyfriend I want to get more intimate with him?
Lolainlove
Neophyte
Member # 108827

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lolainlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been dating this guy for a couple of months (but we know each other for years), and I really like him and all.
He said once that anything related to sex is my choice and nothing more, period.
But I feel like we should talk about it and decide together. I don't think he doesn't want to have sex with me or anything, at least I hope he does, I just don't know how should I bring this subject up.
We have very little time to be together, and I want to be alone with him so badly, arhg.

Help please [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 7 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lola! [Smile]

You are right that this is something you should decide together, and the only way to do that is: talking. Good communication between partners is so important, even if you are not sexually intimate yet.

How about asking for a little time alone with him to have a good talk about how you both feel? I know that sometimes starting these conversations can be difficult but I think it's the only way to have your answers. [Smile]

I'm going to leave these links for you, I hope you find them helpful:

Be a Blabbermouth! The Whys, Whats and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 372 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolainlove
Neophyte
Member # 108827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolainlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks [Big Grin]
Posts: 7 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome! [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 372 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.