Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Girl I Like Want's To Wait Until Marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girl I Like Want's To Wait Until Marriage
jrd680
Neophyte
Member # 108624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jrd680     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A girl that I have feelings for has expressed romantic interest in me. We both get along with each other very well. I am very open and sex positive. She on the other hand isn't as much. She feels the need to save sex until marriage. For myself personally, I think it's a bit much to ask and value knowing someone that you trust before having sex instead. Will her opinion change over time? Should I move on and find someone else?

--------------------
From,
jrd680

Posts: 5 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello jrd68o!

I certainly can not tell you if her mind will change over time, it could, but maybe it won't. And if she is going to change her mind, it'd better be because she wanted to and not because she feels any pressure.

Really, IMO, in a situation like this, you just need to think if putting sex off the table will work for you rather than hoping for her to change her mind. I'd better advice for you to think if a relationship with this person -without sex- could be whatever you are looking for.

The thing is, waiting until marriage it's not a wrong choice, it's JUST a choice, exactly like enganging in sex before marriage. Not good, not bad, just choices.

I know probably my answer doesn't help much (probably you will think it sucks!), but I wanted to give you my two cents. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.