Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Boyfriend Seems Uninterested, Affecting my Libido

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boyfriend Seems Uninterested, Affecting my Libido
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently (within the past two weeks), my boyfriend seems to have become quite uninterested in having sex. Usually, we have sex about three times a week, and have been doing so for about a year. We recently spent a week together after not seeing each other for about a month, and things seemed alright then. We had sex often, but now every day. But now, he doesn't seem to want to have sex at all. He even seems less affectionate, rarely kissing me or even giving me a hug.

Now granted, I my start my period this past Wednesday, and he tends to back off the first few days of it. But the lack of interest was happening before this too. Last night was my last night, so my flow was minimal to none. We were spending the evening in together, and while he was affectionate, he still didn't really want to have sex, mostly because I was on my period. I told him I was very light but didn't push the matter, and later that evening we ended up having sex for the first time in two weeks (two weeks without sex while not being separated by some large amount of distance is unheard of for us). It was alright for a little while, maybe just a little awkward because we hadn't done it in a while, but he eventually overheated (he's a big guy) and tired himself out, and we had to quit before he could finish. He was upset, but too tired for me or him to do anything about it, and fell asleep almost immediately.

Basically, the whole experience kinda put a black mark on our already dry spell, and he went back to being a little less affectionate this morning. I don't know what to do. I've still been trying to please him in other ways, but he doesn't reciprocate. I'm afraid of becoming overbearing, which would not help matters, or that I've become "spoiled" from our week back together. But I'm just becoming so frustrated. Him being uninterested is making me feel that way too. What point is there in trying to initiate something if he's not into it or doesn't want it? I miss having good sex with him, but I don't want him thinking that sex is the only thing that drives me in our relationship. What can I/we do to try and break this dry spell?

[ 01-22-2012, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: sweet_thing ]

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you talked with him about this yet to check in with him?

It sounds like there's been a lot of attempts at sex, but I'm not hearing anything about any talks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.