Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » confused abour old flame

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused abour old flame
melissa1506
Activist
Member # 30972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa1506     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you guys have helped me in my last 7 year relationship that has ended and we tried to get back but he got another girl pregnant. So I am past that ( not over it still hurts) but am over the getting back factor and realize now it will never happen and better for us both. So i began to move on and start going out and dating.

So about a month ago I ran into this guy in a club who was an old flame from 10 years ago. We exchanged numbers. He text me everyday since then, but I made no attempts to hang out until this month because I wasnt ready yet.
So this month we hung out, and hit it off, and there is huge attraction present bw us both.

There always was being we did have a small relationship 10 years ago.

So now we are currently in a sexual relationship, and I find out he has a gf,

RUN??? or what? please help!

Posts: 88 | From: ny | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I may ask something to gain information; how did you find out about his other relationship?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melissa1506
Activist
Member # 30972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melissa1506     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
welll....his ( the guy im seeing ) best friend told me. So this made me approach the guy and he said they r together 5 motnhs now.
Posts: 88 | From: ny | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melissa1506
Activist
Member # 30972

i dont want to be his side piece...but now i know he has a gf but i m getting feelings. how do i bring this up?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again melissa - welcome back to Scarleteen! I remember your other thread. [Smile]

Have you and this guy made agreements to be exclusive - and not see anyone else?

It seems that this guy has not been honest with you about his other relationship. That seems like a big warning that this guy isn't the best person to be getting into a relationship with.

I know how much that sucks, given your feelings, but it might be better to break it off before you get more invested in this relationship.

What do you think?

[ 10-10-2011, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.